Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help with a Sony DSC H9

MaryMac e2
9 258 1 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2008 6:35PM
Hi Has anyone had a problem with the Sony DSC H9 ? i bought mine in Dec as a take along point and shoot and it was fine till today when its started making a grinding noise when trying to use the zoom.
It also makes a noise like its trying to focus the lens even when I am not looking at anything
I have checked the manual and the Sony web site but it dosent say anything useful in this problem
Any help would be appreciated as i got the camera from Pixmania and it was brought out to Africa by my sister in Dec so its a hassle to try and get it returned if it is a major problem
Thanks in advance
Mary

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

18 Feb 2008 2:42PM
What batteries are you using? If it takes AA size and you're using standard ones that might be the problem. You need to use high powered rechargeable ones.
MaryMac e2
9 258 1 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2008 2:50PM
battery is a Sony NP BG1 Lithium ION G type rechargeable so I think that should be Ok Its still taking fair shots and the macro is working fine too its just noisy !
Thanks for the reply much appreciated
mary
18 Feb 2008 3:28PM
Not the batteries then. I guess some grit has got in there or it's getting stuck?

As far as being covered it would be covered under the sale of goods act if bought in the UK originally.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.