Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help with Eizo Coloredge CG275W

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sttlnb53
    12 Mar 2014 - 2:57 PM

I have the opportunity to purchase a brand new CG275W for $50 but the screen is cracked and I was wondering if anyone on here might have information on the type of panel is used in the CG275W. I have done all kinds of research trying to find a panel number with no results. The closest thing I found specification wise was a panel on ebay made by lg but nothing official that stated that the panel was compatible with the CG275W. Anyone had one of these things apart?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Mar 2014 - 2:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sttlnb53
    13 Mar 2014 - 2:44 AM

Just in case anyone else has the same question(I couldn't find anything on this panel before I bought the monitor), I bought the monitor and the panel is an LG and the model number is LM270WQ2-SLA1( the SLA1 will show up sometimes as (SL)(A1)). There are 4 revisions of this screen and revisions 1, 3, and 4 use a WLED as opposed to the Cold Cathode Florescent Lamp(CCFL) that is in the LM270WQ2. The first revision can be found on Ebay for $150 currently but revisions 1, 3, and 4 seem to be a little harder to get ahold of. From what I have found in my research thus far the WLED panels are probably not interchangeable with the CCFL as they use different backlights but I have found CCFL to LED conversion ribbons and I know it can be done on laptop screens so at this point it is inconclusive.

keithh
    keithh  1022805 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Mar 2014 - 10:43 AM

I believe that was the same panel that Apple used in their Thunderbolt and NEC in their Spectraview displays a couple of years back.

How many people on here would discount an LG display based on the letters LG?

sttlnb53
    13 Mar 2014 - 10:05 PM

You are correct. The version in Apple's Thunderbolt is the LM270WQ1(the WLED version) and I believe that NEC has actually used revisions Q1, Q2(CCFL), and Q3 in the Spectraview.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.