Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help with Lightroom 2

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
monstersnowman
25 Aug 2009 - 2:57 PM

I shoot with a 5d and have just got CS4 and Lightroom 2. Lightroom 2 is great for cataloguing however I obviously want to edit in CS4. I shoot in RAW only and when I select the file in Lightroom 2 and then select Edit In - CS4 the file opens straight in CS4 without the normal RAW editing interface that I had when opening from Bridge into CS3. Why is this ??? Appreciate any feedback, Cheers, Paul

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Aug 2009 - 2:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BigCol
BigCol e2 Member 121835 forum postsBigCol vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 3:06 PM

That'll be because Lightroom is doing the RAW editing, that's what it is. Once you've done your RAW processing in Lightroom you then select edit in CS4 and it'll open the already processed file in CS4 for you to do further editing, though not the RAW editing.
If you want to edit the RAW file in CS4 then you need to open it directly from CS4, although the processing engine in both Lightroom and CS4 is the same (seeing as they're both from Adobe.)

Hope that helps?
Col

jarendell
jarendell e2 Member 795 forum postsjarendell vcard Spain2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 3:17 PM

I thought that you can send the original file (plus others such as tiff dng etc) from LR into PS4 in its original state by selecting the photo you wish to export then shift control e, or file export which brings up the export dialog box, then under file settings choose original format then export.
Thats how I do it.
James

jarendell
jarendell e2 Member 795 forum postsjarendell vcard Spain2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 3:19 PM

P.S.
Should have added that the last item in that dialog box there is the option of Post Processing in which you can select PS4 or whatever programme you wish.

monstersnowman
25 Aug 2009 - 3:33 PM

I see .. thanks guys for that ... have just bought loads of gadgets and wading thru all the guff is a bit daunting, especially when you have got used to doing it a different way.

monstersnowman
25 Aug 2009 - 3:35 PM

P.S. I sound like a bit of a muppet now, who bought Lightroom 2 and seemingly didn't know what it did .. as a caveat I was given it f.o.c. and mainly have issues with workflow so that was why I originally wanted it and as it was free then anything else is a bonus :o)

jarendell
25 Aug 2009 - 3:43 PM

There are plenty of blogs,websites out there for you to get your teeth into.Victoria Bampton known as the Lightroom Queen is a useful troubleshooting blog.I found Martin Evenings LR2 book very useful too

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 3:54 PM

The Scott kelby book on Lightroom is really good.

monstersnowman
25 Aug 2009 - 3:55 PM

Thanks again ... :o)

User_Removed
25 Aug 2009 - 6:02 PM

Nice one Chris... Just ordered that book. I'm comfortable with using LR but haven't a clue re the Cataloging side of it.

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Aug 2009 - 7:09 PM

or this the Martin Evening version. Have to confess to being only halfway through it since Christmas though!! Smile

Last Modified By Scutter at 25 Aug 2009 - 7:10 PM
User_Removed
30 Aug 2009 - 9:47 AM

Scott Kelby arrived yesterday morning btw Chris - haven't put it down until now. Excellent book as you say...

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2009 - 10:24 AM

Is he heavy, Mike? Smile did you have sore arms? Tongue

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2009 - 11:24 AM

Quote: Scott Kelby arrived yesterday morning btw Chris - haven't put it down until now. Excellent book as you say...

Glad to be of service - though you really should put him down..you don't know where he's been!

JJGEE
JJGEE  96103 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2009 - 3:32 PM

Quote: Scott Kelby arrived yesterday morning btw Chris - haven't put it down until now. Excellent book as you say...

But did you learn anything from it ?

I ask this as I get the sense from other comments on the forums that you have been using LR for a while.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.