Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Help with Lightroom 4 questions please!

MiqsPix 3 41 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2012 12:09PM
Hi,
Two questions please.

1. How do you check the overall size of an image in Lightroom 4 before exporting. In Photoshop it is image/size so what is it in Lightroom please?

2. I have Canon raw files and tiffs and want to upload to 500PX and other web site galleries in one action. Is it possible? How do you set up an action to convert an image, say a tiff, to a certain size and then save as a jpeg and upload to 500pX using the plugin all in one action? At the moment I am saving the tiff as a jpeg to a correct size but then exporting to another folder ready to either manually upload or re-import to Lightroom as a jpeg then upload. Surely there is a quicker way than this? Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2012 12:48PM
1. it is in the metadata panel in the develop module:

68-capture.jpg

2: I don't know about the 500px plugin but normally on the Export screen there are settings for your account details etc. you just put them in and it uploads, maybe best to talk to 500px.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
1 Dec 2012 1:37PM
However, the size of the exported file will depend upon the settings in the export menu

Herewith my settings for an epz upload.

exportsettings.jpg

lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
1 Dec 2012 3:27PM
As jjgee says, you set them in the export menu.

No need to check because you have set the dimensions yourself to the size you want.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.