Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Help with panorama stitch needed.

Paulbee Plus
10 36 United Kingdom
18 Jun 2012 11:34AM
I recently had to get a new computer. My old one had PS cs2 on it. I asked the computer enineer if he could transfer this to the new one. I now have Photoshop 7, and I am having to relearn some procedures. However I cannot find the photostitch to create panorama pics, which was on the old system. Any help with this appreciated.
Thanks Paul.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
5 4.7k 26 Norway
18 Jun 2012 12:24PM
Not sure about v7, Paul, but have you tried File-->Create New-->Panorama?
That's how it is in v10 anyway.

Malc
teepee 12 809 England
18 Jun 2012 1:13PM
try, file, automate, photomerge................tony
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
18 Jun 2012 3:30PM
Not being funny here.... but if finances preclude going back from Elements to CS (and I wouldn't blame you), do think about spending a small amount on an upgrade to Elements 10. Apart from anything else, versions 9 and 10 were (I think) the first to offer layer masks which can be quite handy.
saltireblue Plus
5 4.7k 26 Norway
18 Jun 2012 4:33PM
Agree with Leftie. Elements 10 is certainly more than enough now that it has layer masks (introduced in v9 as Leftie says).

Malc
teepee 12 809 England
18 Jun 2012 5:02PM
uhhh?
ikett 4 456 England
18 Jun 2012 5:20PM
Photoshop 7 doesn't do pano stitch.
Ade_Osman Plus
12 4.5k 36 England
18 Jun 2012 5:35PM
Had a quick check on your p/f to see what camera brand you're using and see it's Canon. Now don't quote me on this but I'm sure there is a Stitching program bundled in with the free software that originally came with your camera? If you don't have your CD's to hand a version can be downloaded from Canon HERE

Ade
18 Jun 2012 6:32PM
Photoshop 7? That's ancient. Your CS2 was Photoshop 9, so it looks like you've been given an older version than what you had to start with. CS2 is about 150 on Amazon, Elements 10 is about 58. Have you tried Microsoft ICE for panos? Free to download
http://microsoft-image-composite-editor.en.softonic.com/ (microsoft's link was down when I searched for it) and you may find that it works better than Photoshop's stitching. Hope this helps,
Alex.
Paulbee Plus
10 36 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2012 12:23PM
Thanks for all the advice folks. I just have to accept "no pano in v7". Ah well - count the pennies and think of buying CS.
Regards Paul.
paulcr 10 1.5k 9 Ireland
22 Jun 2012 1:07PM
In the meantime do a manual stitch yourself on a new canvass. Nice bit of practice for you Smile
Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.