Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Help with Photoshop brush tool ...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    dalowsons
    dalowsons  1089 forum posts Australia
    8 Oct 2004 - 8:21 AM

Me again ! I have a minor query with PS which I am sure one of you can help me with in no time at all ...

When I am using the brush tool, it normally shows as a circle, the size of which directly relates to the size of the brush. Sometimes, however, it suddenly changes to a cross ??? This normally happens when I minimise PS for some reason (usually to check on EPZ Wink and then when I go back into PS the circle is gone ...

It's very frustrating as the cross is not nearly as easy to work with, so if anyone can tell me why this happens and more importantly, how I can fix it, I would be most grateful ! Smile

Al

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Oct 2004 - 8:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

johnjrp
    johnjrp e2 Member 10430 forum postsjohnjrp vcard Australia5 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Oct 2004 - 8:44 AM

Go into options and reset your setting for the brush tool so as its not for precise use. Trust this works. John

dalowsons
    8 Oct 2004 - 8:33 PM

Thanks, John - I have tried that, but it still doesn't work ? I can set the brush to 100+ and it's still a cross rather than a circle ?? I'm not sure what I've done to it.

Anybody else have problems with this, or a solution for me ? Smile

Thanks

catherinecasey
    catherinecasey e2 Member 1045 forum postscatherinecasey vcard United Kingdom
    8 Oct 2004 - 9:20 PM

Turn off your numeric lock or caps lock whichever silly light is on.
    This done me for months now everything is fine and I never have cross hairs again.
    Cathy

autarky
    autarky  10339 forum posts
    8 Oct 2004 - 9:25 PM

Cathy is right - its usually because you've been typing and left the caps lock on or just accidentally pressed the caps lock key. Not many people know that! A guy giving a Photoshop demo at our camera club had to be helped on that one.
    Good for you Cathy, knowledgeable girl!

dalowsons
    8 Oct 2004 - 9:59 PM

YES !!!! It works ... thank you so much, you have solved one of my most frustrating problems ! Smile

Much appreciated !!

Al

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.