Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help with Photoshop brush tool ...

dalowsons e2
10 89 Australia
8 Oct 2004 8:21AM
Me again ! I have a minor query with PS which I am sure one of you can help me with in no time at all ...

When I am using the brush tool, it normally shows as a circle, the size of which directly relates to the size of the brush. Sometimes, however, it suddenly changes to a cross ??? This normally happens when I minimise PS for some reason (usually to check on EPZ Wink and then when I go back into PS the circle is gone ...

It's very frustrating as the cross is not nearly as easy to work with, so if anyone can tell me why this happens and more importantly, how I can fix it, I would be most grateful ! Smile

Al

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

johnjrp e2
10 431 5 Australia
8 Oct 2004 8:44AM
Go into options and reset your setting for the brush tool so as its not for precise use. Trust this works. John
dalowsons e2
10 89 Australia
8 Oct 2004 8:33PM
Thanks, John - I have tried that, but it still doesn't work ? I can set the brush to 100+ and it's still a cross rather than a circle ?? I'm not sure what I've done to it.

Anybody else have problems with this, or a solution for me ? Smile

Thanks
Turn off your numeric lock or caps lock whichever silly light is on.
This done me for months now everything is fine and I never have cross hairs again.
Cathy
autarky e2
10 339
8 Oct 2004 9:25PM
Cathy is right - its usually because you've been typing and left the caps lock on or just accidentally pressed the caps lock key. Not many people know that! A guy giving a Photoshop demo at our camera club had to be helped on that one.
Good for you Cathy, knowledgeable girl!
dalowsons e2
10 89 Australia
8 Oct 2004 9:59PM
YES !!!! It works ... thank you so much, you have solved one of my most frustrating problems ! Smile

Much appreciated !!

Al

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.