Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help with printer choice please!

5 Nov 2006 4:25PM
As my Epson 895 seems to be dying (magenta and/or blue lines on prints- apparently this means the head is failing) I need to get a replacement. I only print for myself and not bigger than A4,usually on Fuji Multijet paper so am looking for a relatively low cost replacement that can use compatible inks.

The choice seems to come down to Epson R220 (or its big brother R340 if I can find one),or a couple of HPs the D7160 and D5160. I've never been very keen on HP inkjets as they seem to give nothing but grief in the office. Mind you an Epson's constant head cleaning is a pain as well! I have also considered the Canon IP5200, though in that case would have to get a cheapie to print the wife's school stuff given the cost of Canon inks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

big fella e2
11 485 England
5 Nov 2006 8:22PM
I can comment on the R220, its a quick printer and as a photoprinter, it is pretty good; I've seen them priced from 58 to 70. You can pick up Jetec Ink @3 a cartridge, or a complete set for 18 from some of the Channel Island based internet companies. If you haven't tried the SSC Utility, it's worth running that if you have an Epson printer. The utility lets you clean just the black head only or colour only (amongst other things!)

;0)

Andy
5 Nov 2006 10:14PM
Thanks Andy, most useful.

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.