Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Help with selling

TheWanderer 5 20 2 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2011 8:06PM
I have had an email about selling a digital file of one of my images.

This is what he said -

"I promote efficiency products to companies that lower their operating costs and environmental impact. I was thinking about using your photo as an anchor graphic and add a slogan. I'm under a deadline and have already started the design process, but I'd still like to incorporate it if I can fit it into my budget. How much are you asking?"

Could anyone tell me if there are any draw backs (as its an image of my son) and how much i should charge if i did go ahead.. Is there anything i should be asking.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
15 Sep 2011 8:26PM
Unlikely hurt your son, unless he gets greedy and starts asking for modelling fees and who knows - 100....which he will probably not agree to.
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2011 8:41PM
exact usage , where , how long for , ownership remains with you dont agree to anything else , but if all seems fair then make yourself a few quid and buy the lad a pressie !

andrew
rambler e2
6 477 14 England
16 Sep 2011 12:06AM
I would let him know that using the picture without permission is a breach of copyright. Your son needs to give permission too if he is not a minor. Ask to see all artwork including the slogan before you approve use of the picture. Ask for company details and check them on Google etc. If all checks out negotiate.

Ken.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
16 Sep 2011 9:18AM

Quote:I would let him know that using the picture without permission is a breach of copyright.

Flippin 'eck - that's a bit OTT at this stage.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2011 11:27AM
Don't do what Ken suggests. It's totally OTT. The guy could have easily stolen your picture but he's doing the right thing by contacting you so don't make threats. I'd ask 50 for five years' single use.
TheWanderer 5 20 2 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2011 9:41PM
Many thanks for all your help. I have sold it him but he is saying it may be to small to print on a 4ft wide panel. The file i sent him, which is the largest is 2.4 MB. He is waiting to here from his graphics designer. Has anyone any idea if it can be printed that big.

Many thanks

jon
newfocus e2
8 644 2 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2011 10:38PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.