Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hey Alonso - what was that about team orders? ROFL

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

montechoro
montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2010 - 4:12 PM

At the end of today's F1 Championship deciding race when Alonso could not pass the Renault powered Petrov, Alonso was seen to pull alongside Petrov after the race and shake his fist at Petrov from the cockpit for several seconds.

Did he want to discuss the ethics of team orders perhaps? ROFL

What goes around comes around. PMSL

Last Modified By montechoro at 14 Nov 2010 - 4:13 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Nov 2010 - 4:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
14 Nov 2010 - 4:17 PM

Quote: What goes around comes around

Amen!!! He always was a spoilt little brat.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 14 Nov 2010 - 4:18 PM
CathyI
CathyI e2 Member 9344 forum postsCathyI vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2010 - 4:17 PM

I agree entirely! And hats off to Vettel - the boy done good!

Thank you for that incidentally...I was already wondering whether I ought to start the topic... Smile

Last Modified By CathyI at 14 Nov 2010 - 4:49 PM
chris.maddock
14 Nov 2010 - 5:19 PM

The right man won IMO. I'd have preferred Webber to get it this year but his poor quali performance put paid to that. Hamilton had too much to do (and required lots of problems for other drivers) so it should have been Seb. Poor lad didn't know whether to laugh or cry on his inlap, but he darned well deserved it.

BTW, as seen on another forum;

Quote:
Codemasters have entered into the spirit of things and released a second patch for their coveted game "F1 2010". The patch adds a couple of settings for drivers of the Ferrari to allow them to throw items out of their cockpit as well as swear & gesticulate at passing drivers.

SmileSmileSmileSmile

Last Modified By chris.maddock at 14 Nov 2010 - 5:22 PM
lawbert
lawbert  71714 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2010 - 5:30 PM

Quote: At the end of today's F1 Championship deciding race when Alonso could not pass the Renault powered Petrov, Alonso was seen to pull alongside Petrov after the race and shake his fist at Petrov from the cockpit for several seconds.

Did he want to discuss the ethics of team orders perhaps? ROFL

Ahem.....Lets not forget that Red Bull had allowed the drivers to swap at the line if Webber was to win the Title.

That said Vettel has had a great season and richly deserves the championship.

In Alonso's defence a show of frustration is more than acceptable given the adrenaline involved driving an F1 car.....and if anyone listened to him being interviewed later he said Petrov drove a very good raceWink

montechoro
14 Nov 2010 - 5:39 PM

The hypocrisy of team orders was never better demonstrated PMSL

In other sports it's simply called "cheating" Wink

Alonso's threatening gestures/abuse towards Petrov are unnecessary and not acceptable - doesn't Alonso understand the rules or is he so used to Ferrari getting their own way that he thinks they don't apply to him? Grin

Last Modified By montechoro at 14 Nov 2010 - 5:42 PM
lawbert
lawbert  71714 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2010 - 5:46 PM

Quote: PMSL

If your having bladder problems when laughing I hear Tena do a range for men now as wellSmileWink

catgirl73
catgirl73  6142 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Nov 2010 - 5:46 PM

Glad Petrov was up for the race, well done to Vettel.

Alonso serves you right.

Mclaren please give Lewis and Jenson a car they deserve next session, am counting down the days until the first race of 2011 already.

kassie
kassie  4
14 Nov 2010 - 6:19 PM

a tense afternoon for a sunday!! a very good race and in fact a very exciting season with lots going on.
even if alonso was wrong at the end i couldn't help feeling for him - flippin renault !!!
can't wait for next years racing.

StuartAt
StuartAt e2 Member 91033 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2010 - 6:42 PM

I thought it was the right result on the day, but thought it was a shame that we didn't really get to see any wheel to wheel stuff between the main contenders. Webber sat behind Alonso for half the race with hardly a challenge, and the Renaults put paid to any chance Lewis had of mixing it with Vettel (which was a shame, but both Renault drivers drove superbly defensive races).

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2010 - 6:43 PM

Oh come on we have all been there. you are in a hurry trying to set a good pace and there is a Renault in front dawdling along the road Wink

montechoro
14 Nov 2010 - 6:50 PM

Quote: PMSL

If your having bladder problems when laughing I hear Tena do a range for men now as wellSmileWink

Jubilee clips are fine thanks Wink

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2010 - 6:54 PM

Yes Alonso was frustrated, but his first reaction was to blame somebody who had done nothing wrong, had not blocked him off or caused an accident, just driven well enough to prevent Alonso overtaking. That says a lot about Alonso.

The fact that later he 'admitted' that Petrov had driven well says more about his advisors than about him.

Ian

collywobles
14 Nov 2010 - 7:01 PM

Dont forget Alonso was the sh1thead who squelled to the FAI when he couldn't get his own way with Maclaren. Would you want to work with a guy like that? Totally untrustworthy!

Last Modified By collywobles at 14 Nov 2010 - 7:01 PM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315596 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Nov 2010 - 7:50 PM

Quote: Oh come on we have all been there. you are in a hurry trying to set a good pace and there is a Renault in front dawdling along the road Wink

LOL.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.