Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Hi

Jamsplash 1 5
15 Jan 2013 1:03PM
I have just started a business doing product images. My first product shots were of LED Lighting . I done some of the product images on the website but I would like your honest opinon on the finish on this particular image: best product image by myself

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
15 Jan 2013 1:08PM
So is the lighting business yours?
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2013 1:11PM
You'd probably get more feedback if you put the images in your gallery on here, as Keith said, are you selling the lighting or are you shooting it for another company?
Jamsplash 1 5
15 Jan 2013 1:18PM
shooting it for another company. I am sorry to ask this but how do I put my images up?

photos > upload maybe?

EDIT: what do you think though. I shot the images in a photo booth I mage myself and used photoshop to creat the shadows and brighten everything up. I was pleased with the result but I don't know if it is worth paying 100 an image?
keithh e2
15 Jan 2013 1:23PM
Nobody paid you 100 an image and if they did, they were born yesterday. We were not.
Jamsplash 1 5
15 Jan 2013 1:30PM
Why?

Have you ever done product images, nah i didn't think so. Do you know how long this took to edit in photoshop - 2 HOURS BY THE WAY and I am good with photoshop! My rate of pay is usually above 50/hour so that actually worked out at 33/h so that is pretty bad for me. ANYWAY it sounds like you are jealous.
whipspeed e2
15 Jan 2013 1:33PM
Personally I don't think 100 an image is what you'd get commercially. People don't pay that kind of price.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
15 Jan 2013 1:35PM

Quote:Have you ever done product images, nah i didn't think so

LOl...Serve you right, Keith..... LOL!!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueGrinGrinGrinWinkWinkWink
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2013 1:38PM
I can't believe he just said that. Grin
whipspeed e2
15 Jan 2013 1:39PM
Has Keith ever done commercial work. Probably more than I've had hot dinners Smile
Jamsplash 1 5
15 Jan 2013 1:39PM
^ Now this comment is a good one, you aren't being nasty just honest.

If someone offers you a 100 an image for 5 images you say yes! But to be fair I must be doing something wrong if the biggest businesses can offer the same service for as cheap as 20 an image. I guess I will need to investigate further into this.

All I really need to work on is my photoshop processing speed. I have heard that you can use the contrast to get your perfectly white background instantly but my photostudio was not bright enough for this and it didn't look good at all!
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2013 1:42PM
At a guess this is an "ad word" attempt at getting product links that discuss a site to boost its search (google) rankings etc - it may be through a powerbot network and the human behind 'may' be called lance? Just guesses.
Jamsplash 1 5
15 Jan 2013 1:43PM
Also if anyone actually knows how to speed up my process I would be more than grateful for your help.

^ and yes I am lance armstrong.

EDIT: why do your posts appear in a different colour from my posts? @JackAllTog
keithh e2
15 Jan 2013 2:03PM
He could tell you but he'd have to charge you 50/hour for his time.
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
15 Jan 2013 2:59PM

Quote:I done some of the product images on the website but I would like your honest opinon on the finish on this particular image

"I done..........."!!!

As this image is already on the website, with attached prices, surely our 'honest' opinion is neither here nor there!!! If you really want it, I found the website really boring. But as I don't want any of the products it would be, wouldn't it!?!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.