Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hi

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jamsplash
Jamsplash  1
15 Jan 2013 - 1:03 PM

I have just started a business doing product images. My first product shots were of LED Lighting. I done some of the product images on the website but I would like your honest opinon on the finish on this particular image: best product image by myself

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jan 2013 - 1:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 1:08 PM

So is the lighting business yours?

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 1:11 PM

You'd probably get more feedback if you put the images in your gallery on here, as Keith said, are you selling the lighting or are you shooting it for another company?

Jamsplash
Jamsplash  1
15 Jan 2013 - 1:18 PM

shooting it for another company. I am sorry to ask this but how do I put my images up?

photos > upload maybe?

EDIT: what do you think though. I shot the images in a photo booth I mage myself and used photoshop to creat the shadows and brighten everything up. I was pleased with the result but I don't know if it is worth paying 100 an image?

Last Modified By Jamsplash at 15 Jan 2013 - 1:20 PM
keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 1:23 PM

Nobody paid you 100 an image and if they did, they were born yesterday. We were not.

Jamsplash
Jamsplash  1
15 Jan 2013 - 1:30 PM

Why?

Have you ever done product images, nah i didn't think so. Do you know how long this took to edit in photoshop - 2 HOURS BY THE WAY and I am good with photoshop! My rate of pay is usually above 50/hour so that actually worked out at 33/h so that is pretty bad for me. ANYWAY it sounds like you are jealous.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 1:33 PM

Personally I don't think 100 an image is what you'd get commercially. People don't pay that kind of price.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 1:35 PM

Quote: Have you ever done product images, nah i didn't think so

LOl...Serve you right, Keith..... LOL!!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueGrinGrinGrinWinkWinkWink

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 1:38 PM

I can't believe he just said that. Grin

whipspeed
15 Jan 2013 - 1:39 PM

Has Keith ever done commercial work. Probably more than I've had hot dinners Smile

Jamsplash
Jamsplash  1
15 Jan 2013 - 1:39 PM

^ Now this comment is a good one, you aren't being nasty just honest.

If someone offers you a 100 an image for 5 images you say yes! But to be fair I must be doing something wrong if the biggest businesses can offer the same service for as cheap as 20 an image. I guess I will need to investigate further into this.

All I really need to work on is my photoshop processing speed. I have heard that you can use the contrast to get your perfectly white background instantly but my photostudio was not bright enough for this and it didn't look good at all!

Last Modified By Jamsplash at 15 Jan 2013 - 1:42 PM
JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53624 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 1:42 PM

At a guess this is an "ad word" attempt at getting product links that discuss a site to boost its search (google) rankings etc - it may be through a powerbot network and the human behind 'may' be called lance? Just guesses.

Jamsplash
Jamsplash  1
15 Jan 2013 - 1:43 PM

Also if anyone actually knows how to speed up my process I would be more than grateful for your help.

^ and yes I am lance armstrong.

EDIT: why do your posts appear in a different colour from my posts? @JackAllTog

Last Modified By Jamsplash at 15 Jan 2013 - 1:48 PM
keithh
15 Jan 2013 - 2:03 PM

He could tell you but he'd have to charge you 50/hour for his time.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2013 - 2:59 PM

Quote: I done some of the product images on the website but I would like your honest opinon on the finish on this particular image

"I done..........."!!!

As this image is already on the website, with attached prices, surely our 'honest' opinion is neither here nor there!!! If you really want it, I found the website really boring. But as I don't want any of the products it would be, wouldn't it!?!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.