Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hi from Doha!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    aliengrove
    23 Dec 2010 - 10:09 AM

I actually joined a while ago, but haven't been active since I joined. I plan on changing that, and I thought maybe I should introduce myself! I live in Qatar, and have been taking pictures for a while, with film initially, and after a long break bought a DSLR two years ago. I now have a Pentax K7 and various lenses, and am always looking to improve my photgraphy. I am a member of the Pentax User Forum which is a great forum though obviously restricted to users of Pentax gear only.

My main interests are landscape, urban and aerial photography. I recently bought a flash and have been experimenting with that, the first picture I have posted is actually the first portrait I have been happy with. I look forward to meeting you all in the various forums!

Rgds,
    Jon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Dec 2010 - 10:09 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

devlin
    devlin  3651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Dec 2010 - 10:51 AM

welcome back Smile

wicksy
    wicksy  879 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Dec 2010 - 4:34 PM

Welcome Jon, don't know why you have waited so long to post - you have spokme great work on your web site, look forward to seeing more of it here.
    Chris

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Dec 2010 - 4:47 PM

Welcome Jon. Sound like you have lots to share - i'm looking forward to it.
    Cheers
    Stuart

aliengrove
    23 Dec 2010 - 9:33 PM

Thanks for the welcome...I look forward to being more active on here; initially I found the website a bit daunting as there is so much on here, and so many really good photographers. However, it's good to be back, and I look forward to spending more time on here and seeing lots of great photographs in the gallery!

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 109962 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Dec 2010 - 7:50 AM

Welcome Jon, it must have changed a fair bit since I was there. I worked on the rebuilding of the LPG storeage facility at Umm Said in the late '70s and was based in Doha during that time. It was still being developed as a major city at that point.

Lots of interesting opportunities for photography where you are

aliengrove
    24 Dec 2010 - 9:46 AM

Yes there's a lot of development going on, which is only going to increase since they were awarded the World Cup in 2022! They are evn building a metro, a good thing, as the traffic here is horrendous!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.