Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Hi from Rawtenstall

Glyn1 5 4 1 England
11 Jun 2009 8:54PM
Hi, I'm Glyn, I was into photography in the 80's but for some reason let it lapse. Bought a Samsung S1050 last year which started my enthusiasm all over again. I was so pleased with the results I bought a Nikon D80 at Xmas and have been clicking away ever since. I stated an online course a few weeks ago, I think there are one or two others on the same course on this forum as they were talking about the gray card test which i am doing currently, which is how I found this site when I googled "grey card test"
perhaps some one can advise me about uploading pictures, what size do i need to reduce them to?etc
anyway glad to be here

Glyn.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Stuart463 e2
7 588 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2009 9:18PM
Hi Glyn and welcome to ePz, a friendly and helpful site. I live quite close to you in Rochdale. I am also a Nikon user with a D200 & D80.

Image sizes for uploads as follows:-

* JPEG format (.jpg at the end)
* RGB format (not CYMK)
* resized to under 100Kb* in file size
(400Kb* for e2 members)
* no larger than 600x600 pixels in size
(1000x1000 pixels for e2 Members)

Hope you are enjoying your course.

Regards, Stuart
KBan 9 468 4 England
11 Jun 2009 9:32PM
hi Glyn, welcome aboard, i'm from Burnley and a keen wildlife tog, mainly birds.............A few of us wander around Towneley Park, you are welcome to join us.

Keith
KBan 9 468 4 England
11 Jun 2009 9:36PM
P.S. I.m a member of Burnley camera club, we meet at Sion Church every Tuesday at 7.15
GillyB e2
9 316 8 United Kingdom
12 Jun 2009 12:37AM
Welcome Glyn, ePz has a habit of taking over your life ..... enjoy!

gill
ps, I am one of Keith's gang although not quite so local Smile
Glyn1 5 4 1 England
12 Jun 2009 5:03PM
Hi,

Thanks for the info Stuart.
Keith thanks for the invite its something I will keep in mind. I was in Towneley park last Sunday with my camera, managed to bag a squirrel feeding, sat on a small arched bridge. Mainly I spend time round Clowbridge where I walk my dogs every day. Its spectacular up there in Autumn & Winter; once I have sorted this reducing size issue I will post a few.
Quite a pleasant surprise really to local people on the site.

Glyn
Anthony 13 5.6k 17 Scotland
12 Jun 2009 5:06PM

Quote:managed to bag a squirrel feeding,

thats clever, they're usually too fast to catch Smile

Welcome to the site, you cant go wrong here, lol

Anthony
Glyn1 5 4 1 England
12 Jun 2009 5:45PM
Yes Anthony, but you can see my feeding squirrel, i've uploaded. It was very gloomy and I had my 70-300 zoom on but I got the image.

thanks for the welcome

Glyn
Glyn1 5 4 1 England
12 Jun 2009 8:59PM
Hi Keith,

Just been looking at your PF, there's some lovely stuff in there. i presume a lot of the birds were taken in Towneley Park? I particularly liked the one from Boxing Day 2004 in the snow.

Glyn.
KBan 9 468 4 England
12 Jun 2009 9:02PM
Hi Glyn most of my shots are from Towneley, i've got a feed station in the woods............The birds are almost tame.

Keith
GillyB e2
9 316 8 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2009 12:18AM
Keith, don't go telling everyone they are tame ..... we will lose
all credibility Wink

gill
KBan 9 468 4 England
13 Jun 2009 6:21AM
Oops sorry Gill

keith

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.