Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hi from The Far North of Scotland

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ErictheViking
    ErictheViking e2 Member 1124 forum postsErictheViking vcard Scotland102 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2012 - 4:57 PM

Hi Everybody

I've been looking for sometime for a web site and forum which actively tries to help people improve their photography and finally I'm here at ePhotozine and seem to have found what I'm looking for. Just in the last 2 years I've been taking my photography more seriously so I hope you will give me valuable feedback on what's right and what's not so right.

I have a couple of questions I hope you can answer for a newbie like me.

1. I've posted 3 photographs so far why can I only post 1 picture a day?
    2. On all my Photographs I allow voting and awards as well as critique and modification so why are things like voting and awards disabled?

If I'm asking questions already explained elsewhere I'm sorry, I have dyslexia which means I tend to avoid reading as much as possible.

Eric

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Nov 2012 - 4:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2012 - 5:27 PM

Welcome Eric - I'm glad you're enjoying so far Smile

Quote: 1. I've posted 3 photographs so far why can I only post 1 picture a day?

We do this to ensure the gallery isn't flooded with photos. That way each photo has a decent chance of being seen and commented on or voted on. You can post photos in other areas if you want to show more. Some e2 features allow more uploads too. But always only one in the main gallery Smile

Quote: 2. On all my Photographs I allow voting and awards as well as critique and modification so why are things like voting and awards disabled?

If you selected critique votes are disabled.

ErictheViking
    ErictheViking e2 Member 1124 forum postsErictheViking vcard Scotland102 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2012 - 6:36 PM

Thanks Pete I knew there had to be a good reason and it makes sense about the 1 photograph a day I've been to some sites and the gallery just gets flooded.

Photos I've posted have had some really useful critique so I'll be posting more as time goes on.

Eric

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43607 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2012 - 6:45 PM

Hi Eric,

This is a great site, I feel sure you will enjoy being here. Loads of helpful knowledgeable people.

Malc
    (aka The Norwegian Jock) a sleeper in the land of the vikings, waiting to take revenge on behalf of the Saltire.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 1 Nov 2012 - 6:46 PM
    widtink
    widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2012 - 7:51 PM

Hi Eric Malc is right it is a great site , friendly too Wink

Rod

mdpontin
    mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
    1 Nov 2012 - 7:54 PM

Welcome to ePHOTOzine, Eric. I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information and helpful advice and feedback here, to help your photography.

Doug

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Nov 2012 - 9:30 PM

Hi Erik

Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do, I am always on here every day, love the photography of others and love the knowledge I have gained from this site from more knowledgeable people than me.

ErictheViking
    1 Nov 2012 - 9:33 PM

Thanks to you all for your warm welcome and I'll be visiting regularly for inspiration and knowledge.

Eric Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.