Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hi I'm John from Bristol

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jryans10
    jryans10  1
    1 Apr 2013 - 4:45 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm John from Bristol Smile. I'm 20 years old, and I'm currently trying to get into photography. At the moment it is more a hobby to me than anything, but I do want to become a professional photographer in the future.

I own a Nikon D5100 with a 18-70mm lens.

I heard about ePhotoZine on a YouTube video, and found it very good as I was looking for a place where I could hang out with photographers, read articles etc, in other words, a 'hub' for all my photography needs, and this is just it!

Hope to see you all around Smile.

Thanks,
    John.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Apr 2013 - 4:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
    franken e2 Member 113027 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 4:56 PM

Welcome to EPZ John, a wonderful place to be and to learn photography.

Ken

Ray12
    Ray12 e2 Member 168 forum postsRay12 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 5:24 PM

Hi John welcome aboard.. i have only been on here for a few months & have learnt so much... looking forward to seeing your work
    Ray

puertouk
    puertouk  21052 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 6:26 PM

Hi John and welcome to EPZ. A photographer is similar to a football player. Unfortunately, you may well be in a professional football teams youth ranks, but the majority of them never make it to full pro level. This goes for young photographers, but maybe not to the same extent in numbers, but breaking through to become a full-time pro is very difficult. Remember, a photographer is a luxury item as far as the general public go. People with point and shoot cameras can now take good images, so why do they want to go to a pro? Well, a lot of people think like that now I'm afraid. There's a lot of pro's out there trying to get business that is dwindling every working day and not only that, but photographers are having to reduce their prices just to get the business. Many now are turning semi-pro, as the work is drying up. But, never give up your dreams and aspirations, as you never know what's around the corner. Good luck and look forward to seeing your work.
    Stephen

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43557 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 6:27 PM

Greetings and welcome to ePz, John. Get comfy and start learning, participating and making friends.Smile

Malc

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 51161 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 8:05 PM

Hi John. Grin

If you get completely hooked on photography and really want to make it your career then just keep at it. It may not happen instantly but if you really want it then I can guarantee it will. Don't let anyone put you off. If I listened to all the doubters out there then I would have hung up my camera long ago.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman  114484 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 8:07 PM

Another lunatic from Bristol, we're going to take over the world at this rate Grin Welcome to the madhouse!

sparrowhawk
    sparrowhawk e2 Member 5267 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Apr 2013 - 10:02 PM

welcome

jryans10
    jryans10  1
    2 Apr 2013 - 1:57 AM

Thanks all for the warm welcome and messages Smile, really appreciate it.

Yes, I am here to learn Smile. Figured that it's better to see photos, get your photos commented on by other photographers etc than sitting down reading a book.

Many thanks Smile I'm sure I'll see you all around here.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.