Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Hi I'm John from Bristol

jryans10 1 12
1 Apr 2013 4:45PM
Hi everyone,

I'm John from Bristol Smile. I'm 20 years old, and I'm currently trying to get into photography. At the moment it is more a hobby to me than anything, but I do want to become a professional photographer in the future.

I own a Nikon D5100 with a 18-70mm lens.

I heard about ePhotoZine on a YouTube video, and found it very good as I was looking for a place where I could hang out with photographers, read articles etc, in other words, a 'hub' for all my photography needs, and this is just it!

Hope to see you all around Smile.

Thanks,
John.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
1 Apr 2013 4:56PM
Welcome to EPZ John, a wonderful place to be and to learn photography.

Ken
Ray12 e2
1 94 1 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2013 5:24PM
Hi John welcome aboard.. i have only been on here for a few months & have learnt so much... looking forward to seeing your work
Ray
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2013 6:26PM
Hi John and welcome to EPZ. A photographer is similar to a football player. Unfortunately, you may well be in a professional football teams youth ranks, but the majority of them never make it to full pro level. This goes for young photographers, but maybe not to the same extent in numbers, but breaking through to become a full-time pro is very difficult. Remember, a photographer is a luxury item as far as the general public go. People with point and shoot cameras can now take good images, so why do they want to go to a pro? Well, a lot of people think like that now I'm afraid. There's a lot of pro's out there trying to get business that is dwindling every working day and not only that, but photographers are having to reduce their prices just to get the business. Many now are turning semi-pro, as the work is drying up. But, never give up your dreams and aspirations, as you never know what's around the corner. Good luck and look forward to seeing your work.
Stephen
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
1 Apr 2013 6:27PM
Greetings and welcome to ePz, John. Get comfy and start learning, participating and making friends.Smile

Malc
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2013 8:05PM
Hi John. Grin

If you get completely hooked on photography and really want to make it your career then just keep at it. It may not happen instantly but if you really want it then I can guarantee it will. Don't let anyone put you off. If I listened to all the doubters out there then I would have hung up my camera long ago.
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
1 Apr 2013 8:07PM
Another lunatic from Bristol, we're going to take over the world at this rate Grin Welcome to the madhouse!
sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2013 10:02PM
welcome
jryans10 1 12
2 Apr 2013 1:57AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome and messages Smile, really appreciate it.

Yes, I am here to learn Smile. Figured that it's better to see photos, get your photos commented on by other photographers etc than sitting down reading a book.

Many thanks Smile I'm sure I'll see you all around here.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.