Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hi Res Scans - Who to use?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

AdrianTurner
2 Dec 2005 - 1:45 PM

I have recently purchased, with full rights, the 120 negs of my wedding. Can anyone recommend a company who will provide Hi-Res scans to disc? Preferably in tiff format, will also consider other formats.

I have posted this thread in the Digital Imaging and Film Cameras forums in the hope it will attract a better informed response from either.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Dec 2005 - 1:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2005 - 1:49 PM

Keep posting someone may notice.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023186 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2005 - 1:50 PM

www.chromagene.co.uk

AdrianTurner
2 Dec 2005 - 1:53 PM

Thanks Keith, I'll take a look.

Any more guys, I like choice.

bandidos
bandidos  11178 forum posts
2 Dec 2005 - 3:05 PM

Hmmm... how much do you want to spend?

AdrianTurner
2 Dec 2005 - 3:13 PM

Hmmm... How long is a piece of string?

Like most people, I want to spend the lowest price that will return good results.

Adrian.

bandidos
bandidos  11178 forum posts
2 Dec 2005 - 3:16 PM

http://www.loxleycolour.com/pricelists.asp

Wortha shot... x

AdrianTurner
2 Dec 2005 - 3:19 PM

Cheers

duratorque
duratorque  11413 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Dec 2005 - 11:39 PM

I have heard good things about rkphotographic.co.uk from Photography Monthly. Have you thought about buying a scanner? It may be cheaper if you are scanning a lot. Also you can sell it on Ebay after. This way you should no lose too much money.

contemporary dave

This may be of interest to you.

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
3 Dec 2005 - 8:03 AM

I tried one of the above with disappointing results in the colour department and opted for www.blueskyimages.co.uk who I am still using today for my medium format scans.Great results.
Ian.

AdrianTurner
3 Dec 2005 - 11:32 AM

Thanks Guys.

Ian (Camairish), which one disapointed you?

Adrian.

Camairish
Camairish  81276 forum posts Scotland
4 Dec 2005 - 10:48 AM

The company with which I was disappointed with results was R & K photographic - NOT rkphotographic as mentioned above - they are 2 different set ups.I sent some XPan transparencies down and found the colour in the scans to be noticeably different from the original slides. BlueSkyImages repeated the same scans and the results were perfect.Being British I foolishly didn't get back in touch with R & K which I probably should have done.It may have been my fault for not specifying exactly what I wanted but either way,I'm very happy with who I use now.
Good luck,
Ian.

contemporary dave

One thing that can happen to cause colour issues is that sometimes people look at scans supplied by scan houses in the wrong colour space or on uncalibrated monitors. As an example, scans may be scanned in Adobe RGB colour space, but people may have their colour space in PS set to SRGB. This can cause apparent colour issues that in reality can be rectified at a click of a mouse.

milward
milward  10
5 Dec 2005 - 6:54 AM

At Genie Imaging we can provide Hi-Res scans to disc.

Visit our website Genie Imaging to see our prices.

We are an advertiser in the directory section (moderators we have permission to post this thread ask Tracy)....

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.