Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hiding the blue menu and the floating userbar

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72302 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    25 Oct 2010 - 2:15 PM

We have been looking at some statistics of site usage and we are quite surprised as to how many people have the blue menu at the top of the page expanded. This leads me to the question:

Did you know you can close the big blue menu?

It's really quite easy to do, just click the up arrow as illustrated in the image below:

before.jpg

On a related point, it is also possible the hide the floating userbar at the bottom of the screen. You can do this 2 ways. Either by clicking the hide button on the right of it or turn it off completely from My Settings.

userbar.jpg

So, how many of you knew you could do that? How many of you prefer to show the blue menu or userbar? We would love to know!

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 25 Oct 2010 - 2:19 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Oct 2010 - 2:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
    25 Oct 2010 - 2:22 PM

I've just hidden the userbar.

I didn't know until now that I could.
    Previously I've left it collapsed and had to re-collapse it on the rare occasions I 've had to log back in.

Now we just need to hide the blue thing (?)

davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72302 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    25 Oct 2010 - 2:25 PM

Quote: Now we just need to hide the blue thing (?)

If you mean the large blue menu at the top of the page, see my instructions in my previous comment on how to hide that permanatly. The site will remember the 'status' you left the blue menu in.

devlin
    devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2010 - 2:51 PM

I keep both collapsed...only expand it when i need to...IMHO i find the top blue toolbar a bit unnecessary since you can get at what you want by going to forums tab on the top menu bar..so a bit of a repetition if you ask me Smile

Jestertheclown
    25 Oct 2010 - 3:32 PM

Quote: Now we just need to hide the blue thing (?)

I've always kept it collapsed. I thought there might be a way to hide it completely.
    Apologies if there is, I just haven't found it.

Overread
    Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2010 - 3:36 PM

Quote: I keep both collapsed...only expand it when i need to...IMHO i find the top blue toolbar a bit unnecessary since you can get at what you want by going to forums tab on the top menu bar..so a bit of a repetition if you ask me Smile

I would agree with this - it does seem to repeat the general controls we can get at with the tab menu and when both are open it can be confusing to read quickly with the white links only partly overlaying the blue

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014023 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2010 - 3:45 PM

I have them both closed - the best thing about the toolbar is being able to hide it Wink

User_Removed
    25 Oct 2010 - 6:36 PM

I agree 100%.

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 95990 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2010 - 6:41 PM

I knew we could close/hide the menu and toolbar - fior some reason though I've just never chosen to do so. Admittedly I forget about the toolbar even though it's open all the time.

I'll close the menu and see if that makes any difference to my habits!

joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2010 - 6:42 PM

I searched for a way of eliminating the ugly monstrosity the first time I saw it.... and have kept it hidden ever since.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314927 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2010 - 6:43 PM

Quote: Did you know you can close the big blue menu?

LOl I had not noticed that button, where`s the button for the RHS.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96219 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2010 - 6:53 PM

Quote: where`s the button for the RHS.

That is all the adverts, which presumably tj does not want hidden Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.