Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Highland Meet

podgod 10 512 3 Scotland
19 Apr 2007 12:31PM
After last years highly successful Highland meet at Spey BayWink how about arranging another gathering of the northern clans. I suggest that this year we all pay homage to the Sun Gods by knocking back several drams so we don't get as swamped (on the outside) as we did last year. Failing that we select a location that has possibilities for wet and dry days, perhaps the Highland Wildlife Park.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dragarth 10 247 1 Scotland
30 Apr 2007 11:23PM
now i'm armed with a camera that is reasonably good even if i'm not i could be up[ for this (or part of it)
-D-
(Sean)
Anthony 13 5.6k 17 Scotland
30 Apr 2007 11:33PM
sounds like it might be fun, when are you thinking of?

Anthony
3 May 2007 11:21PM
Might be interested depending on dates etc

Colin
podgod 10 512 3 Scotland
3 May 2007 11:26PM
How about some time in August, let me know if this is any good and I'll contact the park to see if they can do anything for us or give us a special price.
5 May 2007 10:52PM
I'd be interested also depending on dates, unfortunately I couldn't make the last one.

Mark
johnp 10 141 United Kingdom
6 May 2007 8:20AM
Count me in as a "definite possible".

John
podgod 10 512 3 Scotland
7 May 2007 11:05AM
I'm working on one day in either of the following two weekends:

18 - 19 August or 1 - 2 September.

I'll contact the park this week to see if they offer special rates for groups and see if they are able do anything else like access to non-public areas etc.

If any of you know of any other members who live or who will be visiting this area let them know about this topic.
jjmills 9 153 Scotland
7 May 2007 7:22PM
Hi podgod,

Funny that I was just there today... See Pic

Would like to return on a more sunny day.

Saturdays and most likely Sundays by August if not then only Sunday afternoons...

Thanks for the chance, I missed the last one.

John
podgod 10 512 3 Scotland
10 May 2007 10:05AM
Hi All,

I've just been in touch with the Highland Wildlife Park and they have agreed to let us have the group rate of 6.00 each instead of the normal 10.00 even though we will not be in a bus or minibus as is the norm for the group rate, but we still need 10 or more people. The lass I spoke to at the park said there is no need to give us special access as the photo opportunities are very good from the public areas, and as there is nothing in the main park that can climb in to your car and eat you there is no problem opening windows for photos, but getting out of the car is not allowed.

The only thing we need to sort out now is the date and who's going, see the dates in my last message and let me know which you prefer, we need to get it all sorted at least two weeks before we go so you have until the end of July to let me know.

The website for the park can be found here.

Again if you know of any members who may be interested please direct them to this topic.

Regards

Brad
PhilScot 8 319 United Kingdom
12 May 2007 8:18AM
You can count me in any weekend in August.

Regards
Phil
dragarth 10 247 1 Scotland
12 May 2007 6:04PM
either is ok with me at the moment but later in Sept would be a problem me and the camera are off to wales.
-D-
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
12 May 2007 9:18PM
I've often thought of going to the park, but never actually been there. Count me in as a definite possible as well.
jjmills 9 153 Scotland
12 May 2007 10:30PM
I am a possible just need the date...

Have just been there in the last week ot two see my PF for the uploads ...

John
podgod 10 512 3 Scotland
13 May 2007 12:38AM
So we will go for either 18th or 19th August, John which is the best for you? You are the expert so we need you there to show us the best spots.

Brad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.