Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hola!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ratedkg
    ratedkg  1 United States
    29 Sep 2012 - 5:57 AM

As you can see, I'm new here. I started my photography business (portraits) like a year ago. My family's not really into photography (most are working in boring fields that they themselves don't really like) so it was difficult for me to convince them, like everyone else, that there's money in photography (yeah, it rhymes! Grin). I am 'married' to photography so there's nothing that they can do anyway. Grin Given that I already have 3 great cameras (I won't discriminate any of them), I bought other necessary equipment that I need (like upgrading my tripod to Manfrotto 028B Studio Pro Triman Tripod and purchasing support stands and some hand-painted muslin backdrops from http://www.aurabackdrops.com/) for my small studio and it proved to give back a decent amount of money for months now. I needed to spend some money for marketing, but it's worth it too.

I still have lots to learn, I know, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Sep 2012 - 5:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82279 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2012 - 8:58 AM

Welcome to the site Grin

For me photography is a hobby - whilst I'd welcome the chance to make some money from it I don't want to risk losing the relaxation the hobby gives me by being pressured to earn.

With the flux of people accessing photography since the advent of digital cameras - the move to pro has become more challenging. I salute anyone who makes the move and manages to make a living from it.

Adam

puertouk
    puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Sep 2012 - 11:22 AM

Strange you have a photography business, yet you say you are an enthusiast? Never mind, but welcome to EPZ
    Stephen

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.