Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Holiday camera

13 Dec 2012 9:00PM
A friend went to visit his brother for a month abroad, travelled light, one airplane cabin suitcase, one laptop, no camera (he owns an entrance DSLR with a 18-55mm VR lens, if I remember correctly- have seen it only once). The reason he didn't take it, despite they will have their mom joining them, from a different country, as well, was mainly bulk. (he could get hold of another DSLR there from a friend, hopefully). But I thought , isn't it pity to have spent that amount of money and not being able to travel with it because of bulk? I kept thinking that a decent half-frame film camera of the past would be perfect for his job. (76 exposures x 2 rolls=152 shots I don't think he will come back with more, he's been there before) In case you had to choose between no camera and a half frame film what would you do?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
13 Dec 2012 9:03PM
This is where CSC`s come in Smile
13 Dec 2012 9:06PM

Quote:This is where CSC`s come in Smile

I can't see him investing in one after buying the DSLR, he has spent money on extra telephoto lenses. I think, bulkwise, the bridge cameras are great for travel.
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2012 11:06PM
It is for that sort of reason I have an S95 compact. Just busy stitching some hand held night panoramas together, it works far better than I expected.bund-evening-edited-1.jpg

Not bad for a camera the size of a fag packet, not that anyone every carrys such a thing theses days Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
13 Dec 2012 11:17PM

Quote:I can't see him investing in one after buying the DSLR, he has spent money on extra telephoto lenses. I think, bulkwise, the bridge cameras are great for travel

There are plenty of compacts and sub compacts(pocket Sized) available.

My x10 sees more use than my CSC`s.
colin beeley e2
12 1.1k 10 England
14 Dec 2012 6:29AM
i always take my dslr & lens's but i always end just using my g12 most of the time .
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
14 Dec 2012 10:00AM
always carry my fuji compact as well as the DSLR..image quality is tops Smile

just handy to have a camera when I also have the shopping bags to carry!!! WinkGrinGrinGrin
14 Dec 2012 10:36AM
I had considered a Canon S90 at an airport duty free when they had come out. But on that trip, I ended up using a stored and less frequently used Zenit E when I arrived to my destination. It was a visit back home, so no new locations to see. At a journey to the Far East I was kindly offered to use an original Olympus Pen. I tried to shoot paired photographs cause I thought that each print would contain two pictures. Lost the count with the paired photos and thankfully each print, being digitally produced, contained just one photo.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.