Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Holiday camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pablophotographer

A friend went to visit his brother for a month abroad, travelled light, one airplane cabin suitcase, one laptop, no camera (he owns an entrance DSLR with a 18-55mm VR lens, if I remember correctly- have seen it only once). The reason he didn't take it, despite they will have their mom joining them, from a different country, as well, was mainly bulk. (he could get hold of another DSLR there from a friend, hopefully). But I thought , isn't it pity to have spent that amount of money and not being able to travel with it because of bulk? I kept thinking that a decent half-frame film camera of the past would be perfect for his job. (76 exposures x 2 rolls=152 shots I don't think he will come back with more, he's been there before) In case you had to choose between no camera and a half frame film what would you do?

Last Modified By pablophotographer at 13 Dec 2012 - 9:03 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Dec 2012 - 9:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315479 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Dec 2012 - 9:03 PM

This is where CSC`s come in Smile

pablophotographer

Quote: This is where CSC`s come in Smile

I can't see him investing in one after buying the DSLR, he has spent money on extra telephoto lenses. I think, bulkwise, the bridge cameras are great for travel.

strawman
    strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Dec 2012 - 11:06 PM

It is for that sort of reason I have an S95 compact. Just busy stitching some hand held night panoramas together, it works far better than I expected.bund-evening-edited-1.jpg
    Not bad for a camera the size of a fag packet, not that anyone every carrys such a thing theses days Smile

Last Modified By strawman at 13 Dec 2012 - 11:06 PM
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315479 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Dec 2012 - 11:17 PM

Quote: I can't see him investing in one after buying the DSLR, he has spent money on extra telephoto lenses. I think, bulkwise, the bridge cameras are great for travel

There are plenty of compacts and sub compacts(pocket Sized) available.

My x10 sees more use than my CSC`s.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Dec 2012 - 6:29 AM

i always take my dslr & lens's but i always end just using my g12 most of the time .

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104025 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Dec 2012 - 10:00 AM

always carry my fuji compact as well as the DSLR..image quality is tops Smile

just handy to have a camera when I also have the shopping bags to carry!!! WinkGrinGrinGrin

pablophotographer

I had considered a Canon S90 at an airport duty free when they had come out. But on that trip, I ended up using a stored and less frequently used Zenit E when I arrived to my destination. It was a visit back home, so no new locations to see. At a journey to the Far East I was kindly offered to use an original Olympus Pen. I tried to shoot paired photographs cause I thought that each print would contain two pictures. Lost the count with the paired photos and thankfully each print, being digitally produced, contained just one photo.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.