Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Holiday insurance

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    29 Jul 2012 - 7:31 AM

Hi....now I'm in my 70's, annual European travel insurance for me and my wife has gone up from 150 to 300.
    I wondered what others in my age group are paying ? ...anyone suggest where I can try ?

.....thanks...Mike

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jul 2012 - 7:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Louise_Morris
    Louise_Morris e2 Member 42369 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
    29 Jul 2012 - 7:48 AM

I know my mum with diabetes, high blood pressure etc always used the Post Office without paying anything like that amount. She was in her late 70's when she last went abroad a couple of years ago - she now sticks to Scotland on coach tours as she can't be doing with the hassle at the airports now she's 81!! Smile

Focus_Man
    Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jul 2012 - 8:56 AM

I used SAGA and foud their rates excellent for over 70s, about 130 last christmas.

silver_stoat
    29 Jul 2012 - 9:55 AM

I'm in my 60's. in the last few years I've had angina, high blood pressure, 1 heart attack, bowel cancer thankfully caught in time and holiday insurance was a real nightmare, wife has high blood pressure. Allclear travel insurance (google it, not sure if I'm allowed to post the link) will insure most ailments, they did for me providing your upfront with the truth without any hassle or medicals, cost us 251.00 for the both of us and that was full cover for the year

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jul 2012 - 11:47 AM

have a look at Moneysaving expert's website...they suggest a couple of possibles (incl Allclear)
    or moneysupermarket's quote system

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/pre-existing-medical-conditions...

We're with Barclays and I pay 15 a month for my account but get free travel insurance...I have medical conditions and they included these after I spoke to their medical screeners 9other banks do similar deals I believe and sometimes your home insurnace will also provide travel insurance). Worth exploring the options Smile

guidoa
    guidoa  121331 forum posts United Kingdom
    29 Jul 2012 - 3:24 PM

Mike, Dont know who you bank with,but I am 80+,, and Nat West insured me and wife for workdwide for 200 + monthly charge of 12.50 annual and I have diabetes+ischaemic heart disease etc

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    29 Jul 2012 - 6:55 PM

cheers everyone, some good pointers there...I'll be checking them all out.
    ....and good luck to your mum looloobey...long may she reign Smile

thanks again all....Mike

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.