Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Holiday insurance

MikeRC Plus
9 3.5k United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 7:31AM
Hi....now I'm in my 70's, annual European travel insurance for me and my wife has gone up from 150 to 300.
I wondered what others in my age group are paying ? ...anyone suggest where I can try ?

.....thanks...Mike

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

29 Jul 2012 7:48AM
I know my mum with diabetes, high blood pressure etc always used the Post Office without paying anything like that amount. She was in her late 70's when she last went abroad a couple of years ago - she now sticks to Scotland on coach tours as she can't be doing with the hassle at the airports now she's 81!! Smile
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 8:56AM
I used SAGA and foud their rates excellent for over 70s, about 130 last christmas.
29 Jul 2012 9:55AM
I'm in my 60's. in the last few years I've had angina, high blood pressure, 1 heart attack, bowel cancer thankfully caught in time and holiday insurance was a real nightmare, wife has high blood pressure. Allclear travel insurance (google it, not sure if I'm allowed to post the link) will insure most ailments, they did for me providing your upfront with the truth without any hassle or medicals, cost us 251.00 for the both of us and that was full cover for the year
cats_123 Plus
11 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
29 Jul 2012 11:47AM
have a look at Moneysaving expert's website...they suggest a couple of possibles (incl Allclear)
or moneysupermarket's quote system

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/pre-existing-medical-conditions/

We're with Barclays and I pay 15 a month for my account but get free travel insurance...I have medical conditions and they included these after I spoke to their medical screeners 9other banks do similar deals I believe and sometimes your home insurnace will also provide travel insurance). Worth exploring the options Smile
guidoa 13 1.4k United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 3:24PM
Mike, Dont know who you bank with,but I am 80+,, and Nat West insured me and wife for workdwide for 200 + monthly charge of 12.50 annual and I have diabetes+ischaemic heart disease etc
MikeRC Plus
9 3.5k United Kingdom
29 Jul 2012 6:55PM
cheers everyone, some good pointers there...I'll be checking them all out.
....and good luck to your mum looloobey...long may she reign Smile

thanks again all....Mike

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.