Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Holiday with a professional photographer?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Dave_Canon
    7 Mar 2011 - 6:43 PM

I have been asked to provide some names of Professional Photographers who offer to take an amateur photographer on an overseas photoshoots (e.g. Spain, France etc.). I was only able to think of one myself who is very expensive. Do any of you have any names to suggest and, better still, a personal recommendation based on experience.

Dave

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Mar 2011 - 6:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2011 - 6:52 PM

To shoot what subject? Recommendations would vary depending on genre.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2011 - 7:00 PM

Cheryl's right - I think they need to know what they want to achieve, then the names will follow.

If they want to take me to Barcelona and pay for me to show them how to shoot buildings, then bob's yer uncle, but birds..... take Cheryl (her bar bill will be high though Wink )

User_Removed
    7 Mar 2011 - 7:13 PM

Quote: (her bar bill will be high though

You Sirrah - are a Cad and a Boundah!!

Wink

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2011 - 7:14 PM

lol - them there cocktails ain't cheap!

User_Removed
    7 Mar 2011 - 8:50 PM

** smirk **

Grin

scottishphototours

John McKinlay at www.photographportugal.com

ade_mcfade
    7 Mar 2011 - 9:40 PM

probably best to find tutors who are based at the location

you want local knowledge to get the best from a location

LensYews
    LensYews  51309 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2011 - 10:38 PM

Best Cocktails in Barcelona are to be found at the Boadas Cocktail bar, just off La Rambla at the Plaza de Catalunya end of the street

crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6704 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2011 - 10:55 AM

We went on a photographic holiday to Menorca with Philip Dunn a couple of years ago. Philip has been running these courses for a few years now and knows the island very well, has lots of contacts there to get access to people and places which would otherwise not be possible. Over the course of a week he covered a wide spectrum of subjects, including architecture, landscape, people and places. Not only was this week very informative, it was also great fun. He runs these courses twice a year and last year added another course there covering the spring flowers. His website can be found at www.photoactive.co.uk

Dave_Canon
    8 Mar 2011 - 3:39 PM

This is for a treat for the persons photographer partner so he is not specifying what to take but could be landscapes, street shots etc. I agree some local knowledge is required but I think that he is now fairly fixed on Florence and the surrounding area of Tuscany.

Dave

Grampy
    Grampy  4507 forum posts England71 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Mar 2011 - 3:59 PM

Sounds like something I may be interested in . Although I live in the South West of France I teach photography from time to time in and out of my studio.
    Phill

Last Modified By Grampy at 17 Mar 2011 - 4:01 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.