Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Holiday with a professional photographer?

7 Mar 2011 6:43PM
I have been asked to provide some names of Professional Photographers who offer to take an amateur photographer on an overseas photoshoots (e.g. Spain, France etc.). I was only able to think of one myself who is very expensive. Do any of you have any names to suggest and, better still, a personal recommendation based on experience.

Dave

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
12 9.2k 92
7 Mar 2011 6:52PM
To shoot what subject? Recommendations would vary depending on genre.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
7 Mar 2011 7:00PM
Cheryl's right - I think they need to know what they want to achieve, then the names will follow.

If they want to take me to Barcelona and pay for me to show them how to shoot buildings, then bob's yer uncle, but birds..... take Cheryl (her bar bill will be high though Wink )
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
7 Mar 2011 7:13PM

Quote:(her bar bill will be high though

You Sirrah - are a Cad and a Boundah!!

Wink
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
7 Mar 2011 7:14PM
lol - them there cocktails ain't cheap!
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
7 Mar 2011 8:50PM
** smirk **

Grin
7 Mar 2011 9:21PM
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
7 Mar 2011 9:40PM
probably best to find tutors who are based at the location

you want local knowledge to get the best from a location
LensYews e2
6 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
7 Mar 2011 10:38PM
Best Cocktails in Barcelona are to be found at the Boadas Cocktail bar, just off La Rambla at the Plaza de Catalunya end of the street
crookymonsta e2
6 705 10 England
8 Mar 2011 10:55AM
We went on a photographic holiday to Menorca with Philip Dunn a couple of years ago. Philip has been running these courses for a few years now and knows the island very well, has lots of contacts there to get access to people and places which would otherwise not be possible. Over the course of a week he covered a wide spectrum of subjects, including architecture, landscape, people and places. Not only was this week very informative, it was also great fun. He runs these courses twice a year and last year added another course there covering the spring flowers. His website can be found at www.photoactive.co.uk
8 Mar 2011 3:39PM
This is for a treat for the persons photographer partner so he is not specifying what to take but could be landscapes, street shots etc. I agree some local knowledge is required but I think that he is now fairly fixed on Florence and the surrounding area of Tuscany.

Dave
Grampy e2
5 507 71 England
17 Mar 2011 3:59PM
Sounds like something I may be interested in . Although I live in the South West of France I teach photography from time to time in and out of my studio.
Phill

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.