Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Home page not responding

bikerbob 12 173
25 Feb 2013 9:55AM
I use msn.com as my home page but for the last 24 hours the home page comes up but when I click on anything nothing happens it comes up with a message msn.com is not responding and then the windows box comes up trying find a solution but fails every other website that I have in my favorites folder works perfectly including other msn websites it seems that it is just my home page. How do I resolve this problem please.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlanPerkins 9 472 England
25 Feb 2013 10:00AM
I don't use MSN as a home page, but I do have the same problem with the site. NO idea how to resolve it, other than use a different home page.
bikerbob 12 173
25 Feb 2013 10:30AM
I should add that we have a smart tv and the msn website works ok on that I am using internet explorer and windows 7.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 1:25PM
I'd guess that some naughty add-on is trying to hijack your home page and ends up locking it instead. Try going to the very same page by using a bookmark or typing in to address bar rather than by clicking home button or starting browser.
bikerbob 12 173
25 Feb 2013 2:31PM
Thanks for comments but have been out and when I came back in it is now working ok after 24 hours not working very strange.
oldblokeh 3 845 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 3:57PM
There's very useful website - www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com - where you enter the URL you're having trouble reaching. It tells you whether it's just you or if the site is really down.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 4:34PM
What if it seems to be down? How'd you check? Grin
oldblokeh 3 845 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 5:05PM
JackAllTog e2
5 3.7k 58 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 5:08PM
Hotmail//MSN has had some issues today, if you are auto signing in to MSN then this may be part of the issue?
Here is one discussion on Hotmail not working as it should today - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-email/browser-hotmail-sign-in-says-service-unavailable/8c5e1bfe-668a-43a6-8fc2-0c4d4fca0378
25 Feb 2013 11:27PM
Have you changed your email to outlook, I have had the same problems for a couple of days,if I go into outlook everthing seems fine.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.