Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Home page not responding

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    bikerbob
    bikerbob  12173 forum posts
    25 Feb 2013 - 9:55 AM

I use msn.com as my home page but for the last 24 hours the home page comes up but when I click on anything nothing happens it comes up with a message msn.com is not responding and then the windows box comes up trying find a solution but fails every other website that I have in my favorites folder works perfectly including other msn websites it seems that it is just my home page. How do I resolve this problem please.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Feb 2013 - 9:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlanPerkins
    25 Feb 2013 - 10:00 AM

I don't use MSN as a home page, but I do have the same problem with the site. NO idea how to resolve it, other than use a different home page.

bikerbob
    25 Feb 2013 - 10:30 AM

I should add that we have a smart tv and the msn website works ok on that I am using internet explorer and windows 7.

User_Removed
    25 Feb 2013 - 1:25 PM

I'd guess that some naughty add-on is trying to hijack your home page and ends up locking it instead. Try going to the very same page by using a bookmark or typing in to address bar rather than by clicking home button or starting browser.

bikerbob
    25 Feb 2013 - 2:31 PM

Thanks for comments but have been out and when I came back in it is now working ok after 24 hours not working very strange.

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3820 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Feb 2013 - 3:57 PM

There's very useful website - www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com - where you enter the URL you're having trouble reaching. It tells you whether it's just you or if the site is really down.

User_Removed
    25 Feb 2013 - 4:34 PM

What if it seems to be down? How'd you check? Grin

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3820 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Feb 2013 - 5:05 PM

I guess you need www.downforeveryoneorjustmedownforeveryoneorjustme.com Tongue

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53629 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2013 - 5:08 PM

Hotmail//MSN has had some issues today, if you are auto signing in to MSN then this may be part of the issue?
    Here is one discussion on Hotmail not working as it should today - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-email/browser-hotmail-sign-in-says-service-unavailable/8c5e1bfe-668a-43a6-8fc2-0c4d4fca0378

sweetpea62
    sweetpea62 e2 Member 4sweetpea62 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2013 - 11:27 PM

Have you changed your email to outlook, I have had the same problems for a couple of days,if I go into outlook everthing seems fine.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.