Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Home printer woes - card printing help please!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jimthistle73
    22 Jun 2011 - 2:52 PM

Afternoon all. I'm about this [...] close to chucking my printer (HP F4280) out of the window and would love to hear from anyone who uses a home printer.

I'm trying to print a 14x10cm landscape image onto one half of a 15x21cm folding card. How hard can it be?!! (very).

When printing out of photoshop, the dialogue is very confusing and I'm going through ink at a scary rate. The main confusion is with "Centre Image" and "Scale to fit media".

I've tried saving the image as both a portrait and a landscape before printing but still end up with the image either very much the wrong size, in the wrong place, or the wrong orientation. Please, please chime in if you have any ideas which will save my printer from going through the window...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jun 2011 - 2:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2011 - 3:06 PM

One possible way is to create a "New" page of 15x21 cm, then copy the image and place it as a layer onto this page, resized and in the right place and orientation. Once you have it correct, save the merged image and print that. I find it savea a lot of hassle in the long run.

(I'm sure a PS expert will come along with the pukka answer in a minute but my "Bodge" may help save your printer meantime Grin )

jimthistle73
    22 Jun 2011 - 3:15 PM

Cheers Brian - have just this minute managed to get it done. I created a new file (A5 size, so the size of the whole card, rather than half of it) dropped the image in and played around with portrait / landscape orientation until it popped out of the printer the right way up! So essentially used your method!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.