Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

honesty is the best policy

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2013 - 4:45 PM

Quote: I have hit a raw nerve with my comments?

Not with me personally I can assure you of that Smile I've often said the system on EPZ is flawed in many ways, take the award system, I'd like to see that dropped altogether, however after nearly 10 years of being a member and having read all the arguments over the years about the issues, I fail to see how the system can be improved upon. It's been tweaked here and there over the years, but other than having a two tier system with the 2nd tier aimed directly at pros, semi pros and advanced amateurs I can't see how the issues will ever be cured. It's all very well saying honesty is the best policy, but the group whom I speak of are more often than not the very first folk to whine when something is criticised about their work Wink

Perhaps we could have an option of an icon that can added on each individual upload which signifies to other members that no matter how badly the image is criticised be it good or bad, so long as the issues raised against said image are constructive and justified you will be more than happy to hear what other members genuinely think of said image, warts and all. I'd be more than happy to put my vote in for that, but I'd rather have honest and forthright critique of my work. I can't see too many others wanting to participate somehow, but who knows, add your name here if you dare and who knows, perhaps the powers that be might well consider it, even if I do see problems with the big boys throwing their toys out the pram every time something they don't agree with is said. But isn't that what the 'CRITIQUE' option was brought in for, it's a shame folk don't use it more, but who really wants their work ripped apart? Not many of the high end togs on EPZ who claim to want genuine feedback from what I've seen over the years GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 14 Apr 2013 - 4:46 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Apr 2013 - 4:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

paulcookphotography

I dont think its the system thats flawed. Its the people who abuse it, and the people who read too much into it.

Yes, its nice to get a comment or some feedback from other members, but at the end of the day it doesnt really matter (outside the critique gallery at least).

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2013 - 6:20 PM

EPZ votes - a bit like the monarchy

serves no real purpose
if it ended, it'd not make any real difference
however lots of people like it

So we keep it

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91072 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
15 Apr 2013 - 11:45 AM

Leave everything as it is. Let those who want to get loads of votes work for them, as they certainly will have to do. Let those who aren't bothered about votes put up the odd photo, don't comment on others and not get many.
In other words let people get what they want out of the site. It quite adequately caters for all tastes and uses and don't judge others because they want different things to yourself.

Robert_Malcolm

There's no mention here, that I've seen, of subject bias.

It appears that in the open gallery a female nude attracts more votes (even if it's not well shot) than a clothed female, who will in turn attract more votes than a pie. People like to vote for things they like to see, so it's just down to the pervs, really Grin

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315487 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 8:42 PM

I sometimes vote on nudes, does that make me a perv as well then Smile

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72306 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 8:44 PM

Yes Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315487 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 8:47 PM

Yeh but I even vote on male nudes Smile

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023105 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2013 - 8:51 PM

Dirty perv

Paul Morgan
9 Jul 2013 - 8:56 PM

Smile Smile

Robert_Malcolm
27 Jul 2013 - 10:31 AM

Quote: I sometimes vote on nudes, does that make me a perv as well then Smile

No, but very few pervs are attracted to pies Grin

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43956 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2013 - 10:33 AM

Quote: I sometimes vote on nudes, does that make me a perv as well then Smile

No, but very few pervs are attracted to pies Grin

Pork pie pervs???Wink

russmac
russmac  3 England
27 Jul 2013 - 11:11 AM

Personally I would rather have honest feedback on any pictures I post, however I am well aware that my skills are far from professional and that there are flaws. I have yet to see a truly awful picture on epz but even if I did I would like to think that whoever posted it would qualify what the intention was So that any feedback could be subjective. If other people choose to give positive feedback hoping for reciprocal treatment then that is their prerogative and if we disagree we can post our own comments on the work

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104044 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2013 - 12:39 PM

What about voting on nude men with pies. I'd vote on that, or does that make me a perv as well? Smile

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2013 - 1:12 PM

depends what they're doing with the pies...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.