Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

honesty is the best policy

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
14 Apr 2013 4:45PM

Quote: I have hit a raw nerve with my comments?

Not with me personally I can assure you of that Smile I've often said the system on EPZ is flawed in many ways, take the award system, I'd like to see that dropped altogether, however after nearly 10 years of being a member and having read all the arguments over the years about the issues, I fail to see how the system can be improved upon. It's been tweaked here and there over the years, but other than having a two tier system with the 2nd tier aimed directly at pros, semi pros and advanced amateurs I can't see how the issues will ever be cured. It's all very well saying honesty is the best policy, but the group whom I speak of are more often than not the very first folk to whine when something is criticised about their work Wink

Perhaps we could have an option of an icon that can added on each individual upload which signifies to other members that no matter how badly the image is criticised be it good or bad, so long as the issues raised against said image are constructive and justified you will be more than happy to hear what other members genuinely think of said image, warts and all. I'd be more than happy to put my vote in for that, but I'd rather have honest and forthright critique of my work. I can't see too many others wanting to participate somehow, but who knows, add your name here if you dare and who knows, perhaps the powers that be might well consider it, even if I do see problems with the big boys throwing their toys out the pram every time something they don't agree with is said. But isn't that what the 'CRITIQUE' option was brought in for, it's a shame folk don't use it more, but who really wants their work ripped apart? Not many of the high end togs on EPZ who claim to want genuine feedback from what I've seen over the years GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

I dont think its the system thats flawed. Its the people who abuse it, and the people who read too much into it.

Yes, its nice to get a comment or some feedback from other members, but at the end of the day it doesnt really matter (outside the critique gallery at least).
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
14 Apr 2013 6:20PM
EPZ votes - a bit like the monarchy

serves no real purpose
if it ended, it'd not make any real difference
however lots of people like it

So we keep it
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
15 Apr 2013 11:45AM
Leave everything as it is. Let those who want to get loads of votes work for them, as they certainly will have to do. Let those who aren't bothered about votes put up the odd photo, don't comment on others and not get many.
In other words let people get what they want out of the site. It quite adequately caters for all tastes and uses and don't judge others because they want different things to yourself.
There's no mention here, that I've seen, of subject bias.

It appears that in the open gallery a female nude attracts more votes (even if it's not well shot) than a clothed female, who will in turn attract more votes than a pie. People like to vote for things they like to see, so it's just down to the pervs, really Grin
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jul 2013 8:42PM
I sometimes vote on nudes, does that make me a perv as well then Smile
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
9 Jul 2013 8:44PM
Yes Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jul 2013 8:47PM
Yeh but I even vote on male nudes Smile
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Jul 2013 8:51PM
Dirty perv
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jul 2013 8:56PM
Smile Smile
27 Jul 2013 10:31AM

Quote:I sometimes vote on nudes, does that make me a perv as well then Smile

No, but very few pervs are attracted to pies Grin
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
27 Jul 2013 10:33AM

Quote:I sometimes vote on nudes, does that make me a perv as well then Smile

No, but very few pervs are attracted to pies Grin

Pork pie pervs???Wink
27 Jul 2013 11:11AM
Personally I would rather have honest feedback on any pictures I post, however I am well aware that my skills are far from professional and that there are flaws. I have yet to see a truly awful picture on epz but even if I did I would like to think that whoever posted it would qualify what the intention was So that any feedback could be subjective. If other people choose to give positive feedback hoping for reciprocal treatment then that is their prerogative and if we disagree we can post our own comments on the work
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
27 Jul 2013 12:39PM
What about voting on nude men with pies. I'd vote on that, or does that make me a perv as well? Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
27 Jul 2013 1:12PM
depends what they're doing with the pies...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.