Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Hot shoe adaptor for canon EOS400D

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Paul_cats
    Paul_cats e2 Member 861 forum postsPaul_cats vcard Scotland22 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jan 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hi Folks,

Had an Interfit EX150 home studio kit for xmas. Unfortunately the 400D does not come with a sync socket so I need a hot shoe adaptor. I have read numerous articles regarding trigger voltages and possible damage to the camera. However, I don't think I need a Safe sync as the trigger voltage is only 5V for this type of kit (or so I am lead to believe.) Can anyone confirm this please. And can anybody suggest a suitable adaptor available in the UK preferably with hot shoe to hot shoe and pc sync as I wish to use my flash gun in conjunction with the studio lights. All the sites I have visited seem to be in the USA.

Cheers
    Paul

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jan 2013 - 12:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jan 2013 - 12:35 PM

When I bought my EX150, I bought it with this one, and it works well.

Paul_cats
    Paul_cats e2 Member 861 forum postsPaul_cats vcard Scotland22 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jan 2013 - 1:01 PM

Thanks for that Coleslaw but I am a bit dubious having read this article.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jan 2013 - 1:07 PM

that's one person's bad experience, hardly an article.
    anyway, I have got one for a year now, and still works perfectly.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Jan 2013 - 2:24 PM

The interfit flash trigger is a infra red device which is totally unsuitable for studio work you need a flash trigger which used high frequency radio waves. I bought some of these from ebay three years ago and they still operate flawlessly.

Coleslaw
    4 Jan 2013 - 2:25 PM

Quote: The interfit flash trigger is a infra red device which is totally unsuitable for studio work

May I ask why?

The only and main reason I use it is because EX150 has Built in Infrared sensor. So, it works well with that trigger.
    Infrared is no good for outdoor; But for indoor studio use, they work fine for me.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 4 Jan 2013 - 2:28 PM
    Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jan 2013 - 4:48 PM

I would`nt worry about it, Just get one of these, its by far the cheapest option, indoors or out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SC-2-Adapter-Pentax-Olympus-Camera/dp/B004HS9BBK/ref=sr_...

indemnity
    indemnity  6329 forum posts
    4 Jan 2013 - 5:06 PM

Amongst 20 or so flash heads, I have some Interfit ex150 mk11s. Found no issue using them with variety of Canon, Nikon and other cameras makes both with sync cable and budget radio triggers. I see you state UK supplier, try cotswold photo, and there are plenty of options on ebay (cheaper from china). Just to give your new lights a go, use your pop up flash, set it to low to trigger photocell in flash heads. This technique is also usefull to be able to use second curtain flash sync with flash heads in studio environment, using a tripod,speedlight and dragging the shutter. HTH.

Last Modified By indemnity at 4 Jan 2013 - 5:09 PM
    Paul_cats
    7 Jan 2013 - 8:17 AM

Thank you all for your comments. Despite the poor write up have gone for the INT411 suggested by Coleslaw. I have also tried using the pop up flash as the trigger as suggested by indemnity which has also worked well.
    Thanks

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.