Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Hot wedding challenge

2 Feb 2014 2:25PM
I'm off to turkey in august to shoot a wedding, any advice on protecting my gear, stuff to take etc? Also insurence for taking my equipment abroad.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dark_lord e2
10 1.5k 140 England
2 Feb 2014 9:43PM
Have you not shot a wedding before then? Are you the official photographer? I hope it's not No and Yes. Will you have an assistant?
As for equipment, what is the location/venue like, how many guests? That will affect people's recommendations. That said, everyone works differently and has their favourite equipment.

What have you got already?
Be familiar with how it all works and have back-ups too.

A standard range zoom will do for most shots, a telezoom for candids. They don't have to be wide aperture lenses - sounds like you'll be ok for light in turkey in August, but if you're indoors then a fast lens will be very useful. Flash for fill-in or even use reflectors. Best not to saddle yourself with too much.

As for insurance, I use Glover & Howe. There are others which I'm sure will be suggested, as ever contact them and get quotes.
2 Feb 2014 10:41PM
Wot he said, and leave that "Top-Gear" purple filter behind....Wink
Don't run out of battery power and memory cards...
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
2 Feb 2014 10:45PM
I shot one in Cyprus....

Main thing I needed was a towel to wipe my sweaty brow

Other than that, just take photos how you'd normally do so
2 Feb 2014 10:46PM
I may of worded that sentence incorrectly, yep done lots of weddings and I'm the main photographer no assistant.
I was mainly wondering if anyone used anything to protect there equipment from the heat more then anything.
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
2 Feb 2014 10:58PM
just the towel thing then... think cameras are ok in heat, just humans fail Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.