Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How can I earn money?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    somnathchatterjee

can anybody tell me ? how can i earn money by selling my photo online or offline?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Jun 2009 - 11:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 11:35 AM

Maybe walk first before you run....

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 11:36 AM

You need to start by making sure the photos you take are of saleable quality. I don't see that in the images currently in your portfolio. Post some into the critique gallery and get guidance on improving.

Ian

justin c
    justin c  104527 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 11:55 AM

You mentioned in your other, very recent posts, that you're looking for a camera and a lens, so I'm assuming you don't have these yet.
    I'd concentate on getting the equipment first and learning how to use it inside and out.

Last Modified By justin c at 19 Jun 2009 - 11:58 AM
    somnathchatterjee

can anybody define what is the saleable quality? yes justin u r right but i just want to know that if i invest money to buy camera and lenses then what is the probability of the return?

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 12:38 PM

Looking at your current photos I would say the probability of return is zero.

If you are an amateur then buy equipment for pleasure, not with the hope of making money off your hobby. If you want to become professional then you need to study, practice and be honest with yourself at how good your photos are.

Take a look at the Premier Awards gallery on here and some of the pro portfolios, to get an idea of what quality photos look like.

justin c
    justin c  104527 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 12:41 PM

The probability of return will primarily be based on your marketing ability and your skill and imagination as a photographer.
    The make and model of camera and lenses is of lesser importance, although you need to bear in mind that should you wish to sell your work through online agencies, then they will have minimum requirements as to what equipment is acceptable. Many consumer cameras won't fit this requirement, so that's something to consider, if your buying camera equipment from scratch.
    Saleable quality will vary depending on who you're selling it too, or whose selling it on your behalf.
    If you have an idea of what area of photography you would like to pursue then just do some online research to see what standard of work other photographers are producing. You will need to be able to produce regular and consistent work of the same standard and preferably higher.
    You mention wildlife photography in you previous post. Be aware that this is a hugely popular and competitive area of photography, so you'll have no shortage of competition.

Last Modified By justin c at 19 Jun 2009 - 12:42 PM
    John_Frid
    John_Frid  8514 forum posts United Kingdom56 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 12:53 PM

The answer is fairly simple

1. take brilliant yet unique images that people want
    2. market them vigourously
    3. be very lucky

get these things right and you'll make a fortune.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 1:12 PM

Agree with all the above, The road to becoming a " Pro Photographer " is not as simple as buying a camera and taking a few snap shots.....Sad

Quote: get these things right and you'll make a fortune

LOL....Smile Is it that simple John....Wink

Well I bought a hammer & woodchisel set last week, I'm still no carpenter though.....Sad Bought some artists paint brushes too, But I'm still no Rembrant.....!

Been cracking jokes for way to long, But I'm no comedian either...Wink

Miles Herbert
    19 Jun 2009 - 1:15 PM

Or go the other way from "fine art" photography and go for a different market. For example I see that you live in India and that your portfolio shows some tourist places. A cheaper camera coupled with an instant dye sub photo printer like a Canon ES2 (with a couple of battery packs) could make you some serious money photographing tourists ... especially when the Canon 6 x 4 images printed by the ES printer have a post card template on the back ...

... So simply market the fact that you are selling personalised postcards that they can send back to their relatives at home.

This is assuming that you can get portable instant printers and the supplies that you need to run them. Have done similar things here selling instant prints and made some quite decent money from it.

Hope that helps...

Miles

John_Frid
    John_Frid  8514 forum posts United Kingdom56 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 1:17 PM

Read rule 1 carefully - take brilliant yet unique images that people want.

None of the rules said buy great kit.

Rules 2 and 3 are universal.

If you want to make money as apainter - paint brilliant yet unique pictures that people want

If you want to make money as a carpenter - build brilliant yet unique furniture that people want.

As I said - simlpe Wink

Last Modified By John_Frid at 19 Jun 2009 - 1:18 PM
    MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93501 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    19 Jun 2009 - 2:26 PM

.....and don't believe every comment made about your photos :

....Mike

somnathchatterjee

Thank u all for giving me valuable time and experience. As my hobby is to tour different places mainly forests, but i have not uploaded any photo yet, i donot want to make money selling photos but i mean to say i want to learn to get a standard in photography.I have already learnt some basics of photography online though not enough but i really want develop it and get a professional standard. Can it be possible through free online courses or by downloading some free ebooks? can anybody help me?

stolzy
    stolzy  83753 forum posts7 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2009 - 4:46 PM

Quote: Been cracking jokes for way to long, But I'm no comedian either...

Ain't that the truth Wink

Last Modified By stolzy at 19 Jun 2009 - 4:46 PM
    Photo_Princess
    23 Jun 2009 - 3:08 PM

advert removed by epz - please contact the site if you wish to advertise

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 23 Jun 2009 - 3:16 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.