Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How did you find EPZ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
LensYews
LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 1:29 AM

Just curious how you all found you're way to ePhotozine, and what made you stay?

For me I found EPZ following a search for reviews of a Sigma 70-300mm lens I was considering buying at the time, and was impressed with the quality of the review, looked around the site a little more, liked the news section and registered on the site. A few email updates later came back and decided my photography was progressing and I wanted some independent feedback through the portfolios. After that was going in the right direction, I came across a forum topic that interested me, and well.... here I am.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Sep 2009 - 1:29 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 1:44 AM

I remember a similar thread a few years ago.

There used to be a link from Warehouse Express to ePHOTOzine.
I followed that one night and I've been here ever since.

Doug

User_Removed
26 Sep 2009 - 2:22 AM

Found it after searching for info on suspect looking diplola in photography couple of months ago, regret it now obviously Wink

User_Removed
26 Sep 2009 - 6:38 AM

Searching for DoF explaination, EPZ was top on the list and I understood the explaination, so I stayed.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84169 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 6:49 AM

My sister had been a member for a while and kept telling me I'd like it. Eventually I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I stayed...............unfortunately she's drifted away!! Smile

User_Removed
26 Sep 2009 - 8:19 AM

I bumped into Pete and a his small team (at that time) while wandering around FOCUS at the NEC about 7 years ago.
Had a chat, thought it might be something worth joining................

7 years later, I think it's a lot bigger than any of us expected.

The rest, as thay say...........

Gerry.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 26 Sep 2009 - 8:23 AM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96104 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 8:30 AM

Prior to the official launch Pete & Tracey ( tj ) had a stand at Focus.

Both were very pleasant and enthusiastic about their new venture.
Leaflets were handed out with details etc.

It was not until I bought a "home" computer in September 2004, dug out the leaflet from my filing cabinet that I actually checked out the site.

Probably, the best feature of this site for me has been the Members Meeting section, attended a few "meets" having pleasant days or even just a few hours in good company with people that share an interest in photography.
Smile

keith selmes
26 Sep 2009 - 8:41 AM

Searching for information on the web.

At the same time the forum I used in pre web days was taken over and revamped as a website with a ghastly user interface. Several regulars left. Sadly, a couple of people had died as well, and a couple had left due to arguments with the owner, who had a tendency to airing political views.

So basically I was ready for a new home. Photo.net turns up a lot in web searches, then I found photosig, and then Ephotozine.
Oddly, I find old contacts turn up on the other two sites, but never here. Also, I haven't find any new sites that really appeal, even though I have joined a couple more. Epz is the regular, and an excellent source of information - as per Pete's business plan I think - mission accomplished there - and the other two sites give me a break when epz is just getting too silly.

Ephotozine was very off putting at first, and I nearly dropped it during the first week, as I watched one of those small minded vicious arguments brew up. Still here though. The hide topic button helps. Smile

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
26 Sep 2009 - 9:28 AM

Just by chance when searching the net for some info in early 2007. I like the photos posted on Ephotozine and decided to up-load mine to see what reactions I would get.
I became an E2 member about a year later as I liked the idea of up-loading several photos at a time and create travelogues.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102180 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 9:36 AM

By word of mouth/pc from an existing member. been here ever since.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215509 forum posts England
26 Sep 2009 - 9:49 AM

Met Pete at Focus in, oh, 2001 ? They were looking for beta testers for v1 and I signed up cos there was the possibility of winning a digital camera. No idea why I'm still here. Smile

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122066 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 10:14 AM

It was sooo long ago I haven't the foggiest idea Smile Hey, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014557 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 10:15 AM

Think I found it via Google - I'd bought a 300D 3 months before and wanted to get my shots out there.

I think it was march 2004, may have been a bit later in the year though.

I've posted a shot every day I could since, even when I've not really had anything too sparking to post - its a slight addiction and something I look forward to each day. Always interesting to see how your work goes down with the crowds

Cristian
Cristian  9950 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 11:39 AM

Warehouse Express link.

Almost instantly my most constantly used "favourite" website...

Last Modified By Cristian at 26 Sep 2009 - 11:39 AM
shaks
shaks  11561 forum posts Tokelau1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 1:22 PM

Over 7 years ago I was at a new job. One day I found I had some spare time so surfing the net I came across ePZ and have been here ever since.

The job hasn't changed either.

Last Modified By shaks at 26 Sep 2009 - 1:23 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.