Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How did you find EPZ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LensYews
LensYews  51304 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 1:29 AM

Just curious how you all found you're way to ePhotozine, and what made you stay?

For me I found EPZ following a search for reviews of a Sigma 70-300mm lens I was considering buying at the time, and was impressed with the quality of the review, looked around the site a little more, liked the news section and registered on the site. A few email updates later came back and decided my photography was progressing and I wanted some independent feedback through the portfolios. After that was going in the right direction, I came across a forum topic that interested me, and well.... here I am.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Sep 2009 - 1:29 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 1:44 AM

I remember a similar thread a few years ago.

There used to be a link from Warehouse Express to ePHOTOzine.
I followed that one night and I've been here ever since.

Doug

User_Removed
26 Sep 2009 - 2:22 AM

Found it after searching for info on suspect looking diplola in photography couple of months ago, regret it now obviously Wink

User_Removed
26 Sep 2009 - 6:38 AM

Searching for DoF explaination, EPZ was top on the list and I understood the explaination, so I stayed.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 6:49 AM

My sister had been a member for a while and kept telling me I'd like it. Eventually I decided to see what all the fuss was about. I stayed...............unfortunately she's drifted away!! Smile

User_Removed
26 Sep 2009 - 8:19 AM

I bumped into Pete and a his small team (at that time) while wandering around FOCUS at the NEC about 7 years ago.
Had a chat, thought it might be something worth joining................

7 years later, I think it's a lot bigger than any of us expected.

The rest, as thay say...........

Gerry.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 26 Sep 2009 - 8:23 AM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96305 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 8:30 AM

Prior to the official launch Pete & Tracey ( tj ) had a stand at Focus.

Both were very pleasant and enthusiastic about their new venture.
Leaflets were handed out with details etc.

It was not until I bought a "home" computer in September 2004, dug out the leaflet from my filing cabinet that I actually checked out the site.

Probably, the best feature of this site for me has been the Members Meeting section, attended a few "meets" having pleasant days or even just a few hours in good company with people that share an interest in photography.
Smile

keith selmes
26 Sep 2009 - 8:41 AM

Searching for information on the web.

At the same time the forum I used in pre web days was taken over and revamped as a website with a ghastly user interface. Several regulars left. Sadly, a couple of people had died as well, and a couple had left due to arguments with the owner, who had a tendency to airing political views.

So basically I was ready for a new home. Photo.net turns up a lot in web searches, then I found photosig, and then Ephotozine.
Oddly, I find old contacts turn up on the other two sites, but never here. Also, I haven't find any new sites that really appeal, even though I have joined a couple more. Epz is the regular, and an excellent source of information - as per Pete's business plan I think - mission accomplished there - and the other two sites give me a break when epz is just getting too silly.

Ephotozine was very off putting at first, and I nearly dropped it during the first week, as I watched one of those small minded vicious arguments brew up. Still here though. The hide topic button helps. Smile

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
26 Sep 2009 - 9:28 AM

Just by chance when searching the net for some info in early 2007. I like the photos posted on Ephotozine and decided to up-load mine to see what reactions I would get.
I became an E2 member about a year later as I liked the idea of up-loading several photos at a time and create travelogues.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 9:36 AM

By word of mouth/pc from an existing member. been here ever since.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Sep 2009 - 9:49 AM

Met Pete at Focus in, oh, 2001 ? They were looking for beta testers for v1 and I signed up cos there was the possibility of winning a digital camera. No idea why I'm still here. Smile

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 10:14 AM

It was sooo long ago I haven't the foggiest idea Smile Hey, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014813 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 10:15 AM

Think I found it via Google - I'd bought a 300D 3 months before and wanted to get my shots out there.

I think it was march 2004, may have been a bit later in the year though.

I've posted a shot every day I could since, even when I've not really had anything too sparking to post - its a slight addiction and something I look forward to each day. Always interesting to see how your work goes down with the crowds

Cristian
Cristian  9950 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 11:39 AM

Warehouse Express link.

Almost instantly my most constantly used "favourite" website...

Last Modified By Cristian at 26 Sep 2009 - 11:39 AM
shaks
shaks  12561 forum posts Tokelau1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2009 - 1:22 PM

Over 7 years ago I was at a new job. One day I found I had some spare time so surfing the net I came across ePZ and have been here ever since.

The job hasn't changed either.

Last Modified By shaks at 26 Sep 2009 - 1:23 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.