Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

How do i calibrate my printer?

User_Removed 12 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2008 1:03PM
Hi Andy

Have you read any of the posts on the thread? It's clearly the way you have things setup that is at fault

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy1979 8 754 2 England
4 Sep 2008 1:09PM
Yes i have read through the threads and yes i know that it is a falut that is making the problem, but i just dont have a clue to tell you the truth where to start!
MikeA 10 1.2k England
4 Sep 2008 1:57PM

Quote:Andy, If you put a photoblack ink cartridge in place of the matt black one, you should get the glossy papers in your list.

Start as above.
Andy1979 8 754 2 England
4 Sep 2008 2:17PM
Tried doing this and there is still no improvement still dark!
4 Sep 2008 3:13PM
Hi Andy

Without anybody seeing your set up, I think you need to provide lots of information.

In CS3, you will no doubt be familiar with the 'Color settings' option under the edit menu - could you do a screen print of it and gives us a link to see it (or type it all in here) and also do the same for your printer settings. Without this sort of info, I feel we are going nowhere.

I did ask earlier if you lived anywhere near Chester - where are you (there may be a member living near you who can help as it's so much simpler doing this sort of thing 'hands on'

Barrie Smile
Andy1979 8 754 2 England
4 Sep 2008 4:05PM
Hi barrie cheers, I live in the north east, Gateshead. How do i do a screen print?
4 Sep 2008 4:22PM
On my keyboard, there is a print screen key on the top row of the keyboard. This will copy your current screen into your clipboard from where you can copy it into a document or whatever and upload to a website so you can link to it (or you could email it to me as long as it big enough to read)
Andy1979 8 754 2 England
4 Sep 2008 5:09PM
I tried to copy pase but it just will not do it when i have the program running, tried it on a web page and it will copy that but not on cs3!
Andy1979 8 754 2 England
4 Sep 2008 5:10PM
I can tell you via typing if thats okay
Andy1979 8 754 2 England
4 Sep 2008 7:29PM
Well i think i have sorted it well i shouldn't say me actualy my girl friend, we have just set the glossy paper in the the printer and on the colour setup in cs3 the same to r2400 glossy, so easy when you know how lol cheers for all the help thanks so much andy!!
ripleysalien 8 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
5 Sep 2008 1:08PM
Have to say i had simmilar trouble and delt with it by, when in the print window select manual colour control, as I havr to reduce magenta by 23 clicks to get a true like screen print, you can also darken and lighten the settings from here.

Steve

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.