Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

How do I create a panorama in Photoshop 4.0?

Spycat 5 17 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2009 9:57AM
I have 3 individual image files that I want to put together on screen as one. I've read the instructions on how to create panoramas but cannot seem to make it happen! Any help very welcome!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 7 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2009 10:03AM
Download Autostitch - It's much easier
SimplySimon 5 279 England
13 Jul 2009 10:31AM
Also try Microsoft Image Compositor Editor(ICE).It is a free download,and is so simple, even i can use it. Simon.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2009 12:32PM
If you are going to do more panoramas I would recommend also looking at The Panorama Factory - very good and easy to use.

Ian
pluffy 7 135 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2009 12:39PM
I use Microsoft ICE, I find it much better than using photoshop and as Simon said "It's free"
gaelldew 7 289 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2009 3:17PM
File/automate/photomerge in Photoshop, normally, not sure about Cs4 though, but as said Autostitch is good.
13 Jul 2009 4:10PM
Wow, Photomerge option, never even knew that was there! I'm going to have to try that out.
User_Removed 5 694 3 Scotland
13 Jul 2009 4:41PM
Nessy, I read your message and assumed you had Photoshop 4.... If you have CS4 then use automate/photomerge. It is very good and no point using another package - free or not. The important thing is to ensure there is around 30% overlap on your pictures or you will not get good results. Also use portrait orientation on your camera to minimise distortion and manual to fix shutter speed & aperture. Take three sets of shots at -1, 0 and +1 exposure. This allows you to pick the best combination of foreground/sky exposures and combine with a mask to get a good final pic.
paulcr 10 1.5k 9 Ireland
13 Jul 2009 4:47PM
Photomerge in CS4 is the way to go. It will merge perfectly 99% pf the time. It will also apply a mask to each layer (image) if your happy with the reslut simple go to layer>flatten and hey presto. I use it for all my panoramics these days. Paul
gaelldew 7 289 United Kingdom
13 Jul 2009 9:29PM

Quote:File/automate/photomerge in Photoshop, normally, not sure about Cs4 though, but as said Autostitch is good.

I should have put Photoshop 4.0 not Cs4. Its an age thing you know.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.