Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How do I create a panorama in Photoshop 4.0?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Spycat
    Spycat  5 United Kingdom
    13 Jul 2009 - 9:57 AM

I have 3 individual image files that I want to put together on screen as one. I've read the instructions on how to create panoramas but cannot seem to make it happen! Any help very welcome!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Jul 2009 - 9:57 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    13 Jul 2009 - 10:03 AM

Download Autostitch - It's much easier

SimplySimon
    13 Jul 2009 - 10:31 AM

Also try Microsoft Image Compositor Editor(ICE).It is a free download,and is so simple, even i can use it. Simon.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jul 2009 - 12:32 PM

If you are going to do more panoramas I would recommend also looking at The Panorama Factory - very good and easy to use.

Ian

pluffy
    pluffy  7125 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Jul 2009 - 12:39 PM

I use Microsoft ICE, I find it much better than using photoshop and as Simon said "It's free"

gaelldew
    gaelldew  7267 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Jul 2009 - 3:17 PM

File/automate/photomerge in Photoshop, normally, not sure about Cs4 though, but as said Autostitch is good.

Last Modified By gaelldew at 13 Jul 2009 - 3:18 PM
    davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72301 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    13 Jul 2009 - 4:10 PM

Wow, Photomerge option, never even knew that was there! I'm going to have to try that out.

User_Removed
    13 Jul 2009 - 4:41 PM

Nessy, I read your message and assumed you had Photoshop 4.... If you have CS4 then use automate/photomerge. It is very good and no point using another package - free or not. The important thing is to ensure there is around 30% overlap on your pictures or you will not get good results. Also use portrait orientation on your camera to minimise distortion and manual to fix shutter speed & aperture. Take three sets of shots at -1, 0 and +1 exposure. This allows you to pick the best combination of foreground/sky exposures and combine with a mask to get a good final pic.

paulcr
    paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jul 2009 - 4:47 PM

Photomerge in CS4 is the way to go. It will merge perfectly 99% pf the time. It will also apply a mask to each layer (image) if your happy with the reslut simple go to layer>flatten and hey presto. I use it for all my panoramics these days. Paul

gaelldew
    gaelldew  7267 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Jul 2009 - 9:29 PM

Quote: File/automate/photomerge in Photoshop, normally, not sure about Cs4 though, but as said Autostitch is good.

I should have put Photoshop 4.0 not Cs4. Its an age thing you know.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.