Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How do I know when VC is switched on on my new Tamron 24-70 sp?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    esme81
    esme81  1
    10 Dec 2012 - 6:55 PM

Hi there, just received my Tamron 24-70 vc sp today and when I switch the VC on nothing happens. I've been taking test photos all day and the photos look quite blurry when there is movement which makes me think the VC is not switching on. Is there a visible/audible alert when you turn the VC on? Should the camera recognise that the VC is switched on and display it somewhere? I am using it with a Canon 650D and i've been reading there may be some conflict with this combination. Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Dec 2012 - 6:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Dec 2012 - 7:33 PM

If you hold your ear to the lens when you turn it on can you hear a whirring? Some VCs are very quiet. VC is not a failsafe either. You still have to make sure you're holding the camera steady.

bainsybike
    10 Dec 2012 - 7:35 PM

You should be able to see through the viewfinder if VC is on or not. Whilst looking through the viewfinder, just point the camera at something and zoom in to 70mm, then press the shutter release half way so that autofocus engages. You should be able to see whether the image becomes steady. Compare results with VC on and VC off. If there's no difference, you may have a problem.

esme81
    esme81  1
    10 Dec 2012 - 9:21 PM

Thanks guys I can hear the very faint whirring of the VC!! I'm glad as I didn't want to have to send this lens back as I like it so much Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.