Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How do I leave ephotozine?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
12 Aug 2012 - 8:55 PM

One of the problems with all online social networking, of which this forum is a prime example, is that people post comments that they would never say to someone face to face. I know I do. And the edit option disappears far too quickly.

So accept us for what we are - grumpy old farts who like the sound of our own voices. But who do very genuinely try to help those who request advice or information or opinions in a credible way.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 12 Aug 2012 - 8:56 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Aug 2012 - 8:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
12 Aug 2012 - 8:59 PM

Quote: And the edit option disappears far too quickly.

. . . very true.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
13 Aug 2012 - 4:21 PM

You don't have to pay for your membership, just go back to a basic account. That's what I've done, wouldn't dream of actually having my account deleted. And like other have said, take a break, don't come back for a few months. I'm rarely here these day but if I have a question about photography it's still my default place to ask that question.

Last Modified By Britman at 13 Aug 2012 - 4:22 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014736 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 10:08 PM

Uploading my daily photo is like a hit of methadone... Got to have it after 8 years to avoid going cold turkey

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73823 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 10:47 PM

Wish the same were true of many other of the old guard Ade, it does seem a completely different place around here from 3-4 years ago.

ade_mcfade
13 Aug 2012 - 11:23 PM

Old tenants moved out, new ones moved in - kinda thing Smile

I'm the stubborn one in the loft

Nowhere near the time I had when I had a proper job though.... blogs and courses don't write themselves Wink

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73823 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 11:51 PM

I don't think any of my original "favourites" post anymore, at least on a regular basis Sad i learnt so much from them. But I guess most of us in work are far busier than we used to be, less time for photography.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 12:16 AM

Looks like its my turn to be mr honesty ....

If you want to leave and are advertising the fact without just leaving its a cry for attention.

If you want attention:

Join in more debates
Post more Photos
Spend more time on the site

simples .......

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 1:15 AM

I'm on here a lot less these days due to my life changing beyond all recognition recently, but I still do need to check in even for a quick whizz through the forums.

There are always going to be people you get on with and people you don't on forums as well as real life, a few years back I had someone I didn't know, who I had never conversed with in the forums send me a very, very horrible PM, no, I had 2 people actually, one sent me a PM accusing me of child abuse re my gothic photos and another telling me to stop posting self portraits as I was just degrading myself :-/ I didn't know either of these people and they were both women.

No matter where you go in life, be it the pub, the office or the net, there will always be weirdos, busy bodies, know it alls, gimboids and smegheads (and that's putting it politely).

steve_p
steve_p  81094 forum posts England
14 Aug 2012 - 5:51 AM

There's no need to actually leave as such. I just let my E2 membership expire and deleted my few photos.You could also remove your profile info.
Then don't use the site.
I just have a look through the forums and classifieds occasionally.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54231 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 6:35 AM

Well looking at the OP's p/f it seems like a good wheeze. Two awards already.

***** Hey Everyone, I'm leaving .................... Wink *****

Last Modified By SlowSong at 14 Aug 2012 - 6:37 AM
ade_mcfade
14 Aug 2012 - 9:52 AM

I thought the OP was a new Lucian on that pregnancy thread a while back Wink Be a shame to lose someone like that !

Quote: But I guess most of us in work are far busier than we used to be, less time for photography.

in many ways yes - like yesterday, spent a full day showing a photographer from Leeds how to do HDR effectively, didn't take a shot myself, just set up his camera, lightroom and Photomatix - gave him a nice workflow and left him a little brain-fried... Wink

Did you know Oloneo isn't available on MAC?

Pete did ask a while back why people, especially pros, leave or lose interest...

time's the biggest factor - and I think priorities change when you start making money rather than do it as a hobby.

I'm not actually that interested in new lenses and bodies, but I am massively interested in how to market effectively, SEO tips and tricks, shots which sell well.... all the "stuff" around a business. I'm also interested in lighting and more creative camera skills, which doesn't really feature much in the forum - other than the Off Camera Flash Thread, which seems to have finally ebbed to a close, despite a few attempts at resuscitation.

So that's probably why my activity has lowered, though I still post a shot a day and join the odd thread Smile

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 11:01 AM

There are plenty of odd threads on here to join!

User_Removed
14 Aug 2012 - 11:07 AM

Quote: There are plenty of odd threads on here to join!

Smile Wink Grin

ade_mcfade
14 Aug 2012 - 11:58 AM

They're odd allright, and usually titled "unbelievable" with a link to a paedophile - or something equally inspiring!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.