Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

How do I resize a batch of photos in photoshop?

chelle e2
9 77
9 Sep 2011 5:29PM
Hello!

I have to print out around 30 different images to put into keyrings. Is there a quick way to resize all the photos in Photoshop or Aperture? I don't really want to have to resize each individual photo separately if possible.

I would also like the images to be put onto the same a4 background in photoshop ready for printing out on one sheet. If anybody knows how to do this in a batch it would be really useful for me to know!

Thanks in advance. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

geoffash26
10 2.5k United Kingdom
9 Sep 2011 5:50PM
Create and save an action to do what you need on one photo and then batch process with that action on the others, if I remember correctly. Been a while since I did it but a google search for PS actions should give you the answer
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
9 Sep 2011 5:51PM
Which version of Photoshop are you using?

I think that the contact sheet option which would have been ideal for this, was removed, rather bizarrely, en route to CS5.
pulsar69 10 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2011 6:38PM
geoff is right just do whatever you want to one photo after pressing the record action button , then stop recording and go to automate batch and apply that action to all shots in a directory or open.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
9 Sep 2011 6:44PM
You can also, very easily and possibly more quickly, resize the whole batch using FastStone but if you're using Photoshop already it does mean opening another window.
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
9 Sep 2011 6:46PM

Quote:I think that the contact sheet option which would have been ideal for this, was removed, rather bizarrely, en route to CS5.
In Bridge CS5 go to the output view (Ctrl+f4) and you can create pdf contact sheets from there.
For resizing an easy way is, again, to use Bridge and then Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
9 Sep 2011 6:50PM
Thanks Boyd,

I don't often need to produce one but it was a bit of a nuisance not being able to.
CathyT e2
8 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2011 8:34PM
I had to do this once...as far as I remember (it was a Joan West tip) I made an action and then as Boyd said above used the Image Processor choosing the action I had made earlier.....works really well.

This is what I did..

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.