Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

How do YOU access websites from your mobile?

min 3 519 England
22 Sep 2011 8:37PM
facebook app but on my iphone i have saved EPZ home page so it looks like an app, so EPZ is only one touch away Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2011 8:49AM
What is the URL for the ePz mobile site?
23 Sep 2011 8:56AM
http://m.ephotozine.com

It's a bit bare at the moment. We will be overhauling it in the soon.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2011 9:13AM
Cheers
KatieR 10 6.2k 6
23 Sep 2011 9:23AM
I've tried several apps for Facebook etc, but always end up on the mobile sites through Opera - I find the apps usually don't update well, don't display what I want and any images are dreadful.
I'm using android btw.
Sparkleson 6 134 England
23 Sep 2011 10:23AM

Quote:I was a bit skeptical about that claim but I can see how it would make sense for Facebook to do that and the HP would look different from the Android app because they'd access different mini-websites. How do you know about that Sparkleson? Why does the Facebook app update quite often on Android (and I have replace the old app with a new one) if Facebook can just change the website at their end?

The news floated round the developer community a while back. The reason for the constant updates is likely more device related - i.e. Whilst the website can control the look and feel of the app itself, the notifications and alerts can only be handled by the physical app. As new hardware devices are released, and as the OS is updated, Facebook would have to update the app to support these new devices.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
23 Sep 2011 11:29AM
So the apps are a bit more than just browsers, they will make calls to iOs, Android etc so that notifications, polling etc work on those operating systems and devices. I think you're saying that they'll access the same data as Facebook's php website, bring it to the devices as HTML, then use a browser engine to render the HTML?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.