Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

How do you get your inspiration back ?

Bonvilston e2
3 61 8 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2012 3:37PM
I have been taking photos for the best part of 4 decades. As time has gone on - and I have to say more recently, i find that I am spending more time playing on photoshop than actually going out taking photos. I have just tried to set myself monthly projects and a project 52 to get me back to getting out more with my camera. I have also set up a "Journal" website to record all I do this year to get and keep motivated. There are probably loads of other things I could do, but What do you do when your inspiration for taking photos dips ???? Any thoughts anyone ? Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2012 3:52PM
I usually drink more wine and beer until it comes back. Smile

Recently I have not been getting out as much but it is more down to lack of opportunity than motivation. My inspiration did did a while ago and I didn't fight it, I had a break during which I took my camera along purely for 'snapshots' and gradually I found the desire to take 'proper' photographs returned.

You could always try a totally different genre to your normal work, get your grey cells working.

Ian
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2012 4:03PM
It sounds like you've made a very positive start to addressing this issue.

The forst thing I'd advise is not to worry - a quick trawl through the forums here will show that many photographers on here go through such lulls. The second thing I'd advise is not to force things - the more you do this, the more you worry, the worse it can get (certainly this has been my experience). Rather - go with the flow. If your mojo's gone, give it time and it will come back.
gary_d e2
7 576 13 Wales
12 Jan 2012 4:25PM
Better weather will help in getting out and about, I go through the same thing from time to time but the bug always bites and I am off and running again, A case of leaving nature take its course and not pushing things as already said by Sherlob.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.