Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How do you get your inspiration back ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Bonvilston
    12 Jan 2012 - 3:37 PM

I have been taking photos for the best part of 4 decades. As time has gone on - and I have to say more recently, i find that I am spending more time playing on photoshop than actually going out taking photos. I have just tried to set myself monthly projects and a project 52 to get me back to getting out more with my camera. I have also set up a "Journal" website to record all I do this year to get and keep motivated. There are probably loads of other things I could do, but What do you do when your inspiration for taking photos dips ???? Any thoughts anyone ? Sad

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Jan 2012 - 3:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jan 2012 - 3:52 PM

I usually drink more wine and beer until it comes back. Smile

Recently I have not been getting out as much but it is more down to lack of opportunity than motivation. My inspiration did did a while ago and I didn't fight it, I had a break during which I took my camera along purely for 'snapshots' and gradually I found the desire to take 'proper' photographs returned.

You could always try a totally different genre to your normal work, get your grey cells working.

Ian

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82282 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jan 2012 - 4:03 PM

It sounds like you've made a very positive start to addressing this issue.

The forst thing I'd advise is not to worry - a quick trawl through the forums here will show that many photographers on here go through such lulls. The second thing I'd advise is not to force things - the more you do this, the more you worry, the worse it can get (certainly this has been my experience). Rather - go with the flow. If your mojo's gone, give it time and it will come back.

gary_d
    gary_d e2 Member 6519 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jan 2012 - 4:25 PM

Better weather will help in getting out and about, I go through the same thing from time to time but the bug always bites and I am off and running again, A case of leaving nature take its course and not pushing things as already said by Sherlob.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.