Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How do you keep taking photos?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Grimm
Grimm  7587 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2008 - 1:58 PM

It's been many months since I last handled my cameras. I think I have a photographer's equivalent of a writer's block. No inspiration at all. At times i cant even make myself touch the camera. I had people asking me to take their photos but i always wiggle myself out of it. Maybe because i got tired of doing the same thing. I think i am still interested in photography, i still buy mags and books and still visit epz ( just renewed my e2 membership). Should I see a shrink?

So how do you guys do it?

glenn

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jan 2008 - 1:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2008 - 2:02 PM

It's quite normal.

But I go over to the dark side when this happens. (Video - shock, horror! Grin)

Grimm
5 Jan 2008 - 2:04 PM

LOL its worth a try!

justin c
justin c  104505 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2008 - 2:15 PM

I've never gone several months without taking a photo, but often go two or three weeks without using the camera during this time of the year.
I find the break really makes you come back with
renewed enthusiasm and a refreshing outlook on what you hope to achieve in the coming weeks/months/year.

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2008 - 2:20 PM

I find these dark grey days especially on my days off a real turn off! is it S.A.D. ?

never Mind I have a party booked soon and I am being invited as the official tog Smile
Long live Friends Reunited LOL!

Last Modified By looboss at 5 Jan 2008 - 2:21 PM
Grimm
5 Jan 2008 - 2:25 PM

I hope it will be the same with me Justin. I need a new mountain to climb, a new challenge ( even though I dont think i climbed the last one yet).

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2008 - 2:27 PM

Well Glenn, I notice most of your uploads are people related.

Maybe you should keep away from that side of things for a while. There is so much else to try.

Grimm
5 Jan 2008 - 2:48 PM

Thanks CB, maybe I should do that.

Grimm
5 Jan 2008 - 4:07 PM

I guess i'll also be very happy not to touch my camera for 15 years if at the end of it i'll be taking photos of lovely naked women like you do. Never mind if i dont get paid for it Wink

Grimm
5 Jan 2008 - 4:38 PM

Thanks Adrian.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85793 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2008 - 4:50 PM

Quote: Quote:now i have to cus i get paid to.

Oh you poor soul Wink

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85793 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2008 - 4:57 PM

Quote: Quote:Quote:Quote:now i have to cus i get paid to.Oh you poor soulshut up you lol

Just wait until I get on the vodka! Smile

(apologies to Glenn for lowering the tone - I'll go away now!)

Last Modified By cattyal at 5 Jan 2008 - 4:58 PM
tepot
tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Jan 2008 - 5:03 PM

i'm also in the same boat, just don't have the enthusiasm to go out for any length of time to try to shoot some good landscape, i think i just need to change my photographic genre even if temporarily, i'll try something else, the problem is that here in California the best times to shoot landscape is NOW!!!! come May there will be nothing but clear blue skies and sunshine and not a cloud in sight for 6 months, all this has come at the wrong time of the year for me. maybe i'll just go back to landscape in 10 months or so, a change is as good as a rest i think the saying goes!

Grimm
5 Jan 2008 - 5:08 PM

No worries guys. Feel free to do what you do. That is why I read the forums anyway Wink.

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2008 - 5:33 PM

I sometimes get that too but I try and look for a new location locally when I do. Somewhere I can on my own and new.

I tend to use Google Maps, Ordanance Survey site and look for old ruins or places that I just dont know anything about and go to a few to see what I find. Also there a few good heritage sites that show historical spots in your area. These can show up places you thought where just a mound in a field and it turns out to be some celtic or roman fort thousands of years old. I just love spots like that.

I also just go out with nothing in mind and hope for the best with no pressure. I think it can be the pressure to get a decent shot that can put you off going out..

Good luck, Tommy

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.