Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

How do you print yours?

JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
23 Jan 2013 5:52PM

Quote:Frustrated at wasting ink and A3 paper is an understatement.

I used to get frustrated wasting chemicals & paper doing darkroom printing Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 6:14PM
For about 50 you can get a colour profile made professionally to give you spot on results for your printer/ink/paper combination. At the cost of inks and paper it soon pays for itself and I would highly recommend it.

If you want more freedom and you have a decent scanner you can also buy software to produce the profiles yourself, but that is more faff and you have to first calibrate your scanner (which the software should do for you).

Ian
mikehit Plus
5 7.6k 11 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 6:21PM
Some paper manufacturers will give you a profile for free (Permajet for example).
justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
23 Jan 2013 6:47PM

Quote:For about 50 you can get a colour profile made professionally

That's extremely expensive. You can now get one for around 15, even less if you shop around and you want more than one doing.
23 Jan 2013 7:31PM
It's several years since I got one and I paid 30. I just assumed they would have gone up not down. Smile
justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
23 Jan 2013 7:47PM
Thankfully the prices have come down a lot Smile
janeez Plus
6 1.4k 8 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 10:39PM

Quote: you can get a colour profile made professionally to give you spot on results for your printer/ink/paper combination

Can you put a couple of links to sites where they can be purchased.

I have just upgraded my monitor calibration to Xrite i1 Display Pro. Unfortunately I just couldn't run to the printer profiling version as it was nearly 300. and I really don't do enough printing to warrant spending that amount of dosh. Smile
Seems to work well although my on screen colours were good the screen was too bright and this was after I had already turned the brightness down to what I thought was correct!
24 Jan 2013 7:50AM
Pure Profiles is the one I used to use.
27 Jan 2013 7:15PM
I hardly ever print on my own inkjet. I tend to send out to http://printing-1.co.uk/ . It takes longer, but the print quality is really good.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.