Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How good does it look?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    iancrowson
    iancrowson e2 Member 4204 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom128 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Feb 2013 - 5:27 PM

Personal web sites are always most interesting to their owners. I would be pleased if you had a quick look and try the navigation of my new site. I built this one from scratch using Adobe Dreamweaver to my own requirements.
    http://www.iancrowsonphotography.co.uk
    Thanks
    Ian

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Feb 2013 - 5:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

goexplorephotography

Hi,

If im honest. i think its flat and dull. Which is a shame as you have a collection of very good images. Some of them could be very commercial.
    Unfortunately your website is not showing them off at there best. The layout is nice and simple so it doesn't distract from the images. However the colours scheme is not good.
    When choosing a colour scheme the priority is to exhibit your images in the best possible way. If you look at most pro websites they nearly all use white or black backgrounds. Obviously we all want our websites to standout, but its a fact that white & Black always make our images look better. This is probably why Galleries choose White, and Black makes images look good as it resembles the viewfinder of a camera. Basically there is nothing to distract the viewer from what is important. The image!

The layout is good but its let down by the colour.
    If you are designing a website take a look at some of the templates on Clikpic. As in Photography the more simple the better.
    But thats just my opinion.
    ps really like your photos you have a good photographers eye.

Campervanman
    Campervanman e2 Member 6671 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Feb 2013 - 6:28 PM

I agree. I think your images would show much better on a white background.

widtink
    widtink e2 Member 1404 forum postswidtink vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Feb 2013 - 8:27 PM

Nice and easy navigation Ian some really nice pics and i do agree re the backgrounds well done on a nice websiteSmile

Rod

iancrowson
    iancrowson e2 Member 4204 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom128 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2013 - 1:26 PM

Thanks guys for the feedback. Very useful.
    I've changed the backgrounds for the galleries/slideshows to black.
    I can see the photos look better against black, much better than against my favourite colour blue!
    I did have a Clicpic photo website before this but always felt it just looked like a bought in web site, just like hundreds of others. Also the cost, I can host this free as part of my web hosting packages for other sites. Clicpic wanted a fair amount although they are probably good value for those who can't, or don't want the hassle of building their own.I will look at overall design too in due course.
    http://www.iancrowsonphotography.co.uk
    regards
    Ian

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.