Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

how large can a memory card be

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tamasalucy
    26 May 2013 - 1:40 PM

Hi does anyone know what is the largest memory card i can use with a Canon D600 and what is the best?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 May 2013 - 1:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Skeet1Away
    26 May 2013 - 2:47 PM

Hi, I've got a 16gb card and a 8gb overflow in my d7000 so would say you would be safe with 16gb SDHC card. This is only in my humble opinion but not to go to big but have a few cards would be better, the cards also have a write speed on them I would stick to a good brand cheep is not always best. If you have a bigger card takes longer to copy across to pc and there is the chance that if it gets damaged you could loss it all but if working between cards least you will have some if any thing goes wrong. I have about 4 cards going between 4gb and 16gb and shoot in raw and fine. This works for me but only an opinion, dose it say anything in the d600 user manual. Your body is fairly new so I would bet on up to 64gb.

Paul

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    27 May 2013 - 7:52 AM

i never use a card more than 4g !

Nigeve1
    Nigeve1 e2 Member 1602 forum postsNigeve1 vcard United Kingdom74 Constructive Critique Points
    27 May 2013 - 4:18 PM

I have two 32 mb Sandisc extreme pro cards in my D7000. These work absolutely fine, I often use one for JPEG and one for RAW. I get about 2000 fine JPEG images on one card. Upload speed to PC is quite resonable.

Nigeve1
    Nigeve1 e2 Member 1602 forum postsNigeve1 vcard United Kingdom74 Constructive Critique Points
    27 May 2013 - 4:19 PM

Typo on above entry should read 32 gb.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.