Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

how large can a memory card be

26 May 2013 1:40PM
Hi does anyone know what is the largest memory card i can use with a Canon D600 and what is the best?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Skeet1Away e2
3 49 1 Scotland
26 May 2013 2:47PM
Hi, I've got a 16gb card and a 8gb overflow in my d7000 so would say you would be safe with 16gb SDHC card. This is only in my humble opinion but not to go to big but have a few cards would be better, the cards also have a write speed on them I would stick to a good brand cheep is not always best. If you have a bigger card takes longer to copy across to pc and there is the chance that if it gets damaged you could loss it all but if working between cards least you will have some if any thing goes wrong. I have about 4 cards going between 4gb and 16gb and shoot in raw and fine. This works for me but only an opinion, dose it say anything in the d600 user manual. Your body is fairly new so I would bet on up to 64gb.

Paul
colin beeley e2
12 1.1k 10 England
27 May 2013 7:52AM
i never use a card more than 4g !
Nigeve1 e2
1 927 95 United Kingdom
27 May 2013 4:18PM
I have two 32 mb Sandisc extreme pro cards in my D7000. These work absolutely fine, I often use one for JPEG and one for RAW. I get about 2000 fine JPEG images on one card. Upload speed to PC is quite resonable.
Nigeve1 e2
1 927 95 United Kingdom
27 May 2013 4:19PM
Typo on above entry should read 32 gb.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.