Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

HOW MANY CLICKS? ie how do i find out.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    paulmckell
    8 Dec 2012 - 12:09 PM

I have a nikon d700 and have tried my damndest to find out how many clicks its done, i am sure i have seem something in camera or capture2? or am i dreaming, i do believe its not just a matter of the file number. thanks in advance Paul. ps its saturday so lets see how quick i get a usefull reply?Wink

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Dec 2012 - 12:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KNS
    KNS  4106 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Dec 2012 - 12:15 PM

The shutter count is contained in exif data .....use a reader to find Smile

Edit - I should have mentioned of course, you need to shoot a jpg to find Smile

Last Modified By KNS at 8 Dec 2012 - 12:20 PM
    Alan_Baseley
    Alan_Baseley e2 Member 12314 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Dec 2012 - 12:35 PM

Try this website--http://www.camerashuttercount.com/

paulmckell
    8 Dec 2012 - 12:46 PM

Quote: The shutter count is contained in exif data .....use a reader to find Smile

Edit - I should have mentioned of course, you need to shoot a jpg to find Smile

Had a shuftie in elements , plenty of info ie metadata but no frame count?

rhol2
    rhol2  3273 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Dec 2012 - 12:47 PM

"Opanda" will read exif data and its basic version is free, though the more advanced version is not.
    I understand it will show Nikon shutter actuations, not sure about other brands.

Last Modified By rhol2 at 8 Dec 2012 - 12:50 PM
    paulmckell
    8 Dec 2012 - 12:57 PM

Quote: Try this website--http://www.camerashuttercount.com/

Used this you just take a picture[unedited] download it and voila! piece of cake even for me ,,,,cheers for that , would highly reccomend it ta again to all of you. Wink

Jestertheclown

Quote: Try this website--http://www.camerashuttercount.com/

That works doesn't it . . . ?

It tells me though that I've taken about forty more shots than my camera's counter does.
    The counter's never been reset to zero. In fact, I'm not sure that it's possible, although I'll stand to be corrected.

User_Removed
    8 Dec 2012 - 3:26 PM

Jester,

The difference might be the actuations used for the QC testing at the factory. I think I saw that reason advanced as a possible explanation on another thread and it does seem believable.

Jestertheclown

Thanks LF,

I seem to recall reading or hearing something similar. It might well have been in that other thread.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62359 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    11 Dec 2012 - 8:17 AM

If you use flickr, it shows over 100 items of EXIF data - including shutter count.

KNS
    KNS  4106 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Dec 2012 - 3:07 PM

If anyone is interested we have been using an application called PhotoME or Photography Metadata Editor for some years - it gives comprehensive access to exif and IPTC data - including shutter counts Smile

The app has not been updated for a couple of years, but the developer assures that he has not abandoned it.

Search for Photome....it is free and on Windows platform.....

phil_j
    phil_j e2 Member 7133 forum postsphil_j vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Dec 2012 - 12:35 AM

Tried the website mentioned above to try to find thw shutter count for my D50, which I have had frpm about 2006. It came back as a total of 4889, which I know can't be correct as I have often come back from one days shooting with 5/600 images at a time

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.