Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

HOW MANY CLICKS? ie how do i find out.

paulmckell 5 15
8 Dec 2012 12:09PM
I have a nikon d700 and have tried my damndest to find out how many clicks its done, i am sure i have seem something in camera or capture2? or am i dreaming, i do believe its not just a matter of the file number. thanks in advance Paul. ps its saturday so lets see how quick i get a usefull reply?Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KNS 5 106 2 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2012 12:15PM
The shutter count is contained in exif data .....use a reader to find Smile

Edit - I should have mentioned of course, you need to shoot a jpg to find Smile
Alan_Baseley e2
13 333 2 England
8 Dec 2012 12:35PM
Try this website--http://www.camerashuttercount.com/
paulmckell 5 15
8 Dec 2012 12:46PM

Quote:The shutter count is contained in exif data .....use a reader to find Smile

Edit - I should have mentioned of course, you need to shoot a jpg to find Smile

Had a shuftie in elements , plenty of info ie metadata but no frame count?
rhol2 e2
3 319 1 United Kingdom
8 Dec 2012 12:47PM
"Opanda" will read exif data and its basic version is free, though the more advanced version is not.
I understand it will show Nikon shutter actuations, not sure about other brands.
paulmckell 5 15
8 Dec 2012 12:57PM

Quote:Try this website--http://www.camerashuttercount.com/
Used this you just take a picture[unedited] download it and voila! piece of cake even for me ,,,,cheers for that , would highly reccomend it ta again to all of you. Wink
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
8 Dec 2012 3:18PM

Quote:Try this website--http://www.camerashuttercount.com/

That works doesn't it . . . ?

It tells me though that I've taken about forty more shots than my camera's counter does.
The counter's never been reset to zero. In fact, I'm not sure that it's possible, although I'll stand to be corrected.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
8 Dec 2012 3:26PM
Jester,

The difference might be the actuations used for the QC testing at the factory. I think I saw that reason advanced as a possible explanation on another thread and it does seem believable.

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
8 Dec 2012 3:33PM
Thanks LF,

I seem to recall reading or hearing something similar. It might well have been in that other thread.
11 Dec 2012 8:17AM
If you use flickr, it shows over 100 items of EXIF data - including shutter count.
KNS 5 106 2 United Kingdom
11 Dec 2012 3:07PM
If anyone is interested we have been using an application called PhotoME or Photography Metadata Editor for some years - it gives comprehensive access to exif and IPTC data - including shutter counts Smile

The app has not been updated for a couple of years, but the developer assures that he has not abandoned it.

Search for Photome....it is free and on Windows platform.....
phil_j 8 133 4 England
27 Dec 2012 12:35AM
Tried the website mentioned above to try to find thw shutter count for my D50, which I have had frpm about 2006. It came back as a total of 4889, which I know can't be correct as I have often come back from one days shooting with 5/600 images at a time

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.