Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

How many of you print your work?

21 Mar 2010 6:21PM
The only thing that beats a good print, in my view, (no pun intended) is a good transparency well projected.

Especially if it's 120 (or larger). Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

21 Mar 2010 6:26PM
Well, I've discovered where the floating toolbar has floated off to!

If I click on the little arrow head at the bottom LHS of the screen it floats back.

And if I click on the little arrow head on the bottom RHS it floats off again!

Tanfastic! Smile

Beats playing Acorn Electron Aliens to a frazzle! Smile

I blame you, CB! Wink
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
21 Mar 2010 6:26PM

Quote:is a good transparency well projected.

Would not disagree with that Smile

In fact, when I decorated my bedroom many years ago I emulsioned one wall white to act as the projection screen.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Mar 2010 12:57PM
You can project digital images in the same way - these too can be medium format.
Nickscape 8 704 9 England
22 Mar 2010 1:51PM

Quote:these too can be medium format
?? what does that mean?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Mar 2010 2:00PM

Quote:what does that mean?

It means you can take an image on a medium format digital camera, e.g. the 60-megapixel Hasselblad H4D-60, and project it. Smile

Projection is not limited to slide film, as may have been implied by Jas's post at the top of the page.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
22 Mar 2010 2:23PM

Quote:It means you can take an image on a medium format digital camera, e.g. the 60-megapixel Hasselblad H4D-60

I'll dig mine out of the back of the cupboard then . . . !
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
22 Mar 2010 2:28PM
At only 27k (body only) it's hard to think why the H4D isn't standard equipment for all EPZ members. Smile

Mine's on order..............................

.....................yeah, right! clown-dark.jpg

Nickscape 8 704 9 England
22 Mar 2010 2:30PM
Ah, i see it was related to the "especially if its 120 (or larger) comment" i missed that sorry Cb.

You can project very successfully images from more normal digital cameras using a HD home cinema projector, as long as you input in 1080p the results are excellent. It helps to resize the image to the correct dimensions for HD to get the best results (1920 x 1200 i think).
23 Jun 2013 4:42PM
Hi Everybody,yes i print quite a lot mostly A3 as i belong to a camera club and we have a few competions though the year,best thing i ever done was joining the club.
Gundog 1 624 Scotland
23 Jun 2013 6:31PM

Quote:Hi Everybody,yes i print quite a lot mostly A3 as i belong to a camera club and we have a few competitions though the year,best thing i ever done was joining the club.

As above.

I really only take photographs with a view to producing prints - although some do go into competitions as projected digital images.

Proportions? Well, if I am honest, I doubt if more than 10% of the exposures I make ever get as far as printing. I guess some folk will regard that as a fairly horrific statistic.

Sometimes, of course, I take photographs with a view to using elements of them in creative "composites" but, again, probably not more than 10% of them ever end up as part of a printed composite.
rvoller 3 33 United Kingdom
24 Jun 2013 9:03PM
I print my favourite landscapes up to A3+ on my R3000 with fine art paper. It's really expensive but there is no sense for me to make the effort to capture a stunner then just hold it digitally. The print shows the quality of the craft, mood and soul. Starting to sell prints now, for others to enjoy Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.