Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How many of you print your work?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2010 - 6:21 PM

The only thing that beats a good print, in my view, (no pun intended) is a good transparency well projected.

Especially if it's 120 (or larger). Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Mar 2010 - 6:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2010 - 6:26 PM

Well, I've discovered where the floating toolbar has floated off to!

If I click on the little arrow head at the bottom LHS of the screen it floats back.

And if I click on the little arrow head on the bottom RHS it floats off again!

Tanfastic! Smile

Beats playing Acorn Electron Aliens to a frazzle! Smile

I blame you, CB! Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2010 - 6:26 PM

Quote: is a good transparency well projected.

Would not disagree with that Smile

In fact, when I decorated my bedroom many years ago I emulsioned one wall white to act as the projection screen.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2010 - 12:57 PM

You can project digital images in the same way - these too can be medium format.

Nickscape
Nickscape  8695 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2010 - 1:51 PM

Quote: these too can be medium format

?? what does that mean?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2010 - 2:00 PM

Quote: what does that mean?

It means you can take an image on a medium format digital camera, e.g. the 60-megapixel Hasselblad H4D-60, and project it. Smile

Projection is not limited to slide film, as may have been implied by Jas's post at the top of the page.

Jestertheclown
22 Mar 2010 - 2:23 PM

Quote: It means you can take an image on a medium format digital camera, e.g. the 60-megapixel Hasselblad H4D-60

I'll dig mine out of the back of the cupboard then . . . !

Carabosse
22 Mar 2010 - 2:28 PM

At only 27k (body only) it's hard to think why the H4D isn't standard equipment for all EPZ members. Smile

Mine's on order..............................

.....................yeah, right! clown-dark.jpg

Nickscape
Nickscape  8695 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
22 Mar 2010 - 2:30 PM

Ah, i see it was related to the "especially if its 120 (or larger) comment" i missed that sorry Cb.

You can project very successfully images from more normal digital cameras using a HD home cinema projector, as long as you input in 1080p the results are excellent. It helps to resize the image to the correct dimensions for HD to get the best results (1920 x 1200 i think).

10delboy
10delboy e2 Member 110delboy vcard United Kingdom
23 Jun 2013 - 4:42 PM

Hi Everybody,yes i print quite a lot mostly A3 as i belong to a camera club and we have a few competions though the year,best thing i ever done was joining the club.

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
23 Jun 2013 - 6:31 PM

Quote: Hi Everybody,yes i print quite a lot mostly A3 as i belong to a camera club and we have a few competitions though the year,best thing i ever done was joining the club.

As above.

I really only take photographs with a view to producing prints - although some do go into competitions as projected digital images.

Proportions? Well, if I am honest, I doubt if more than 10% of the exposures I make ever get as far as printing. I guess some folk will regard that as a fairly horrific statistic.

Sometimes, of course, I take photographs with a view to using elements of them in creative "composites" but, again, probably not more than 10% of them ever end up as part of a printed composite.

rvoller
rvoller  333 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Jun 2013 - 9:03 PM

I print my favourite landscapes up to A3+ on my R3000 with fine art paper. It's really expensive but there is no sense for me to make the effort to capture a stunner then just hold it digitally. The print shows the quality of the craft, mood and soul. Starting to sell prints now, for others to enjoy Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.