Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

How many prints to a colour cartridge

20 Oct 2012 7:44PM
I have just replaced both cartridges on my canon pixma MP 282.
After printing of 5 B&W photos on A4 Matte paper & 1 of colour on Gloss of the same size, I have had a message come up saying that the colour cartridge has run out already , and all I was doing was setting up my new Color munki and fine tuning it .
Surely I should get more prints than this !!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
20 Oct 2012 7:49PM
Yes you should. However, the biggest culprits for soaking up ink are matte and ordinary everyday paper for text. Glossy paper does not absorb the ink like that.
Kako e2
8 143
20 Oct 2012 11:04PM
Is it a new printer? I believe some new printers come with 'skeleton' ink cartridges that are only sufficiently filled to allow you to test it, set it up and do a handful of prints after that. I'm assuming it is to stop people buying a new printer each time the inks run out rather than replace the inks ! At the cheaper end it can actually be cheaper to do this. Not very 'environmentally friendly' either.
20 Oct 2012 11:48PM
No it's not new , this is the 2nd set of cartridges I've replaced , I usually just use it for documents , but thought I would see how my photos would come out on it, to save me spending on a more expensive printer.
The photos came out very good , but at this rate very expensive.
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
21 Oct 2012 8:54AM
They're only 9ml cartridges buy 3rd party high capacity at 13ml
gerrys e2
11 16 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2012 1:02PM
apparently the average is estimated at 1ml per A4 print obviously dependant on various factors but it wont be that far out. Total obviously and not per cartridge.
User_Removed 4 48 1 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2012 1:43PM
Hi, i use an Epson printer and a quantraflow system, i buy six 100ml bottles of ink for just over eight pounds, and just keep topping up the system when it needs it, this is the cheapest way too print.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.