Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How many prints to a colour cartridge

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    marriott
    marriott  5 England
    20 Oct 2012 - 7:44 PM

I have just replaced both cartridges on my canon pixma MP 282.
    After printing of 5 B&W photos on A4 Matte paper & 1 of colour on Gloss of the same size, I have had a message come up saying that the colour cartridge has run out already , and all I was doing was setting up my new Color munki and fine tuning it .
    Surely I should get more prints than this !!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Oct 2012 - 7:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014851 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Oct 2012 - 7:49 PM

Yes you should. However, the biggest culprits for soaking up ink are matte and ordinary everyday paper for text. Glossy paper does not absorb the ink like that.

Kako
    Kako  8140 forum posts
    20 Oct 2012 - 11:04 PM

Is it a new printer? I believe some new printers come with 'skeleton' ink cartridges that are only sufficiently filled to allow you to test it, set it up and do a handful of prints after that. I'm assuming it is to stop people buying a new printer each time the inks run out rather than replace the inks ! At the cheaper end it can actually be cheaper to do this. Not very 'environmentally friendly' either.

marriott
    marriott  5 England
    20 Oct 2012 - 11:48 PM

No it's not new , this is the 2nd set of cartridges I've replaced , I usually just use it for documents , but thought I would see how my photos would come out on it, to save me spending on a more expensive printer.
    The photos came out very good , but at this rate very expensive.

dcash29
    dcash29  81908 forum posts England
    21 Oct 2012 - 8:54 AM

They're only 9ml cartridges buy 3rd party high capacity at 13ml

gerrys
    gerrys  11 United Kingdom
    21 Oct 2012 - 1:02 PM

apparently the average is estimated at 1ml per A4 print obviously dependant on various factors but it wont be that far out. Total obviously and not per cartridge.

User_Removed
    21 Oct 2012 - 1:43 PM

Hi, i use an Epson printer and a quantraflow system, i buy six 100ml bottles of ink for just over eight pounds, and just keep topping up the system when it needs it, this is the cheapest way too print.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.