Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How much do I sell my old camera for?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    BlackCountryLass

Hi everyone

I am new to the site and am after a bit of advice.

I am looking to sell some of my kit to help fund the purchase of a Nikon D700, but I wouldn't have a clue on how much to ask for them.

The kit includes a Sony A700 dslr
    Sony 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 ZA VS T* DT Lens
    Sigma 50-500mm f4-6.3 EX DG Lens - Sony fit
    Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro Lens - Sony fit

All items come with there original boxes and are in good condition. Only had the dslr, 16-80mm and 50-500mm lenses for a year.
    Any advice would be great or if there are anyone knows of any stores that take part-exchange.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Mar 2010 - 8:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82324 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Mar 2010 - 8:17 PM

Do a search on eBay completed listings for each item. This should give you a ball park figure of the going rate.

Adam

BlackCountryLass

Thanks Adam I'll have a butchers

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82324 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Mar 2010 - 8:26 PM

Your welcome

MrGoatsmilk
    10 Mar 2010 - 12:07 AM

I see you took the bait and joined the site thenGrin

You will never be able to leave now or at least if you do you will return like I did.

I thought you may get a bit more of an idea from the people on here so you could then post it in the classifieds on here. Never know someone may have more of an idea than I do.

Not sure how you work it out, do you go for 50% of new prices or pitch it a tad higher than that?

Stu

P.S It's about time you got the kettle on at work it's like the Gobi desert

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Mar 2010 - 12:26 AM

Quote: Not sure how you work it out, do you go for 50% of new prices or pitch it a tad higher than that?

In the old days (before ebay) a dealer would give between 40 and 50% of the new price and sell it for about 80% of the new price. You could usually sell it for between 60-75% of the new price.
    These days with ebay anything can happen.
    As Adam says ebay is a good guide to how much things go for. Best way is to click the "completed listings" option then you can search for items that have sold and get a feel for the value. It's good kit so should get snapped up. And you could certainly try our classifieds first.

Last Modified By Pete at 10 Mar 2010 - 12:29 AM
    BlackCountryLass

Oi Mr Goatsmilk

Gobi desert - you don't know that your born Mr, you should try working upstairs - no-one comes up and makes us a drink Wink

Thanks Pete

I think I will place on the classfieds here and see how I get on, would like it all to go to a good home or homes.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.