Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How much for digital images

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    zed
    zed  10551 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Nov 2007 - 10:52 AM

Hi

I did a family portrait a few weeks back, all done and dusted, prints were bought etc, fine.

One of the family members has now e-mailed me to buy 5 more. Great.

He wants them high res though sent by e-mail...mmmm.....he's asked how much. I'm not sure as I have never sold any this way before. Presuming once he has them he can print as many as he likes and share on the www.

What dya reckon?

zt

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Nov 2007 - 10:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Nov 2007 - 10:56 AM

I reckon if he wants them high res you should either say no or charge him based upon how much you would earn for prints for all the family members, as he obviously intends to bypass you.

Ian

BEVZED
    BEVZED e2 Member 71140 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
    26 Nov 2007 - 10:56 AM

Send the prints in the post! They could still be scanned/photo from photo, always a risk whichever way you do it.

zed
    zed  10551 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Nov 2007 - 11:08 AM

mmmm, a tricky one...shall I just say only low res or prints are on offer?

BEVZED
    BEVZED e2 Member 71140 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
    26 Nov 2007 - 11:10 AM

Yup!

ajmills
    ajmills  12 United Kingdom
    26 Nov 2007 - 10:42 PM

Well, large files should not really be sent via e-mail - it wasn't designed for that and may even tip his mailbox over its quota (if it has one), not to mention that some servers will block large files and won't even make it there. So, it's better to make them available for download from a web server, or via FTP.

Anyway, as it's "family" it's entirely up to you, and whether you'd be happy with him printing them off himself.

Ask yourself: are you happy with him making multiple prints from one image and a one off cost to you? Are you happy that if he prints them himself, the images could look terrible and reflect badly on your abilities?

seangannon
    29 Nov 2007 - 1:38 PM

We give people the option to buy prints or soft copies or a combination of the 2. Its a great product line and I dont think we loose out on many print orders as we promote them as "professionally printed on better paper etc" The files are no good to you sitting on the PC / Mac you may as well sell them and as the last post says, they can always scan prints anyway.

I'm sure some will think we charge too little / much but this is in addition to Prints / frames etc.

Our prices for soft copies are:
    Images All 40 25 10
    Price 500.00 375.00 250.00 150.00
    Additional Images 8.00 9.00 12.00

Sean

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.