Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How old is the digital camera you are currently using?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96097 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2013 - 2:11 PM

Quote: Still using a Sony Dsc-R1 bridge camera ... Excellent razor sharp lens and the first bridge to have an aps-c size sensor Grin

It's a lovely camera - I've still got mine but sadly haven't used it for ages......

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Nov 2013 - 2:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH
GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2013 - 2:49 PM

...another Sony R1 owner. I gave it a run out a few months ago and was immediately shocked by the modest early-generation LCD. Having said that, I always liked the ability to use the LCD as a flush-fitting WLF. The lens is great.

janovilas
janovilas  10218 forum posts England
6 Nov 2013 - 2:52 PM

I've still got my old 300D, although it never gets used. I replaced that with a 40D & 5D mkI. The 40D has been passed on to my daughter (and replaced with a pair of 7Ds - one bought this year, one bought last year), but the 5D mkI is still in regular active service (at least until I can afford to replace it with a 5D mkIII). I love the 5D to bits, but the low light performance just isn't as good as newer bodies (& as I shoot weddings in dark & dismal venues, that makes a big difference to me). Optically & mechanically it's still a wonderful camera & no doubt I'll keep hold of it for a good long time after it has been replaced. Just for the record, my 5D dates back to 2006 & my 300D to 2004...

Migster
Migster  176 forum posts England
6 Nov 2013 - 3:56 PM

My d300 is almost 5 years old and still gives great service. I have though been investing in premium glass for when I change up to a FF.

My old D7 hung about unused as a spare for a couple of years until I sold it to a friend.

John

seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7576 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
6 Nov 2013 - 4:37 PM

Still have my old Nikon D70 though I don't use it now, my son has my old D70s and my D90 is backup for the D7000 I use currently. I'm still amazed at the pics I got out of the D70 when I look back at them, the old 18-70 kit lens was a cracking bit of glass for a cheap lens, its only weakness was a lack of VR.
My pocket camera is a Lumix LX5 I got S/H and I think it's fantastic for the money.

sitan1
sitan1  6509 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Nov 2013 - 4:56 PM

My oldest digital camera is the fuli finepix s610, great little compact type thingy

213hardy
213hardy e2 Member 6562 forum posts213hardy vcard England
6 Nov 2013 - 6:16 PM

Not really sure how old my d3000 is, was 2nd hand when i bought it a little over 2 yrs since. how ever assuming the previous owner bought it when it first came out, it would still only be about 4yrs old.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
6 Nov 2013 - 6:42 PM

I use a Nikon D50 bought in 2006 and a D90 bought in 2010. I hope they continue to work for a long time.

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
6 Nov 2013 - 7:22 PM

Mine is my trusty D3 bought in 2008 . to date one of the first ever images taken has made more than the camera cost new.
For all I love the D800 and D3s i own,The D3 would be the one I would choose.
And my son has just sold my D70 and my wifes uncle still has my D200.
But back to the OP Then Its D3
Maybe I have got through more of the manual than I have the others and am starting to realize out of the box it was better than me.

Last Modified By Graysta at 6 Nov 2013 - 7:27 PM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64534 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2013 - 9:12 PM

Every time I get another camera I say that I'll sell my 400D. Hasn't happened and I still enjoy using this lovely simple camera.

randomrubble
6 Nov 2013 - 9:25 PM

I just retired my 1Ds MkI, after 8 years of use.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023174 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2013 - 10:18 PM

Somebody recently told me that I should make sure I gave out the exif info on my images and one reason given was that it showed people that a good photo could be taken with an old camera..........it's a D300... Wink

I gave him a virtual pat on the head.

andymcdonald
6 Nov 2013 - 11:17 PM

I've had my D200 just over 5 years - I bought it used so I don't know how old it is. I still really enjoy using it and have been happy with the results.

My "new" D300 arrives tomorrow with just over 2,000 clicks on it - I have no idea how old it is - I guess it must be at least 4 years old (based on when the D300s came out).

Andy

petebfrance
7 Nov 2013 - 12:07 PM

Currently using a Fuji S5600 - from 2005/6. It's convenient, reliable and, well, I'm broke! Except for the odd one or two scanned in from old prints all photos in my pf are taken with it.

Last Modified By petebfrance at 7 Nov 2013 - 12:08 PM
steveb
steveb  10331 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Nov 2013 - 3:35 PM

Quote: Still using a Sony Dsc-R1 bridge camera ... Excellent razor sharp lens and the first bridge to have an aps-c size sensor Grin

Snap, same here. I use it mainly for landscape and urban night photography. Although taking excellent images it has it's limitations, and a camera from 2005 isn't going to last for ever. I haven't used my Mamiya C220 or Toyo 45a for a number of years now though. I'm currently looking at buying a new camera, and not being tied to any particular system, my choice changes from day to day, it's a nightmare.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.