Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How Rude...forgot to introduce myself

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    UrbaneMagick
    31 Mar 2012 - 10:51 AM

.....Whoops, been on here a few months now, & only just found this topic in which to introduce myself.

Soooooo apologies proffered Tongue

My names Gareth, I own an old Nikon d1x ..and have to admit I love it..would like to upgrade to a d2 at somepoint, but that's a way off!

I've always had an interest in photography, but felt it was financially too out of reach, then got bought thsi camera for Xmas & sold by mixing decks to buy some lenses with it.

I am hugely influenced by Andy Hemingway's Peak District photography, but that level is an eventual goal..ypou have to have goals don't you?

I particularly would like an ultra wide angle lens, but financial restraints mean thats probably a year off yet.

I prefer Landscapes, but love all outdoor nature, & am lucky enough to live in the countryside of Dorset, with plenty of Roe and Sika deer etc.

Anyway, thanks for having me aboard.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    31 Mar 2012 - 10:51 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82344 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2012 - 11:39 AM

Welcome Gareth. I wouldn't worry - lots of folk never introduce themselves!

For what it's worth - welcome to the site.

Adam

UrbaneMagick
    31 Mar 2012 - 12:12 PM

Cheers Adam, ..... perhaps the others also haven't found this forum topic..it's a lot of scrolling down :-p

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82344 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2012 - 2:02 PM

It strange - sometimes there is a flurry of folk to welcome new forum users - other times it seems to die a death quite quickly. Perhaps the fact that it is a Saturday is making a difference - its usually very quite on here on Saturdays!

Don't let the lack of comments deter you from getting stuck in. By and large (minus the odd clique here and there), the forum is a lively, friendly, and incredibly useful feature.

Adam

rossd
    rossd  111061 forum posts England
    31 Mar 2012 - 2:30 PM

Welcome from me also - I don't think I ever introduced myself when I first joined so after approx. 8 yrs it's probably too late for me now Sad

Quote: (minus the odd clique here and there)

Lol !!

bagman
    bagman  365 forum posts United States
    31 Mar 2012 - 2:39 PM

Hi Gareth.
    Welcome aboard, the more the merrier. Great site with lots of wonderful people to help you in your endeavor to improve in photography.
    We love to see new work and new ideals.Looking forward to seeing your work.
    Frank.

UrbaneMagick
    31 Mar 2012 - 3:12 PM

Hi Ross & Frank,

thankyou for the warm welcome..it's nice to be here, it seems to be a nice little community Smile

Thanks again Adam...Adam..I'm chuffed to get just one reply Smile

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Mar 2012 - 6:18 PM

warm welcome from me too Smile

UrbaneMagick
    31 Mar 2012 - 6:29 PM

Thankyou Mr Moderator Smile

timduck
    timduck  2 United States
    6 Apr 2012 - 4:26 AM

I suppose I should introduce myself, too. I'm a retired/disabled Pharmacist (chemist?), 62 years old, and an unrepentant hippie (no recreational drugs anymore-too old for it-except beer). I would have loved a career in photography, but had the sense to realize I just wasn't good enough. I was however a damn good pharmacist & kept photography as a hobby. I joined EPZ earlier this year & have enjoyed even more than I expected. Ya'll are a great group of folks with no particular axes to grind (unlike most social networks). I hope you enjoy viewing photos taken here (Texas) as much as I do seeing yours from wherever. By the way; I've been happily married (to the same woman) for 32 years and have 2 kids(?) age 24 & 31. Drop me a line any time and comments (pro or con) are always welcome. Love & Peace.....Duck

UrbaneMagick
    6 Apr 2012 - 3:22 PM

Hey Timduck , nice to (virtually) meet you.

I have a bit of a hippy heart, .favourite band without fail is Hawkwind, I'm 44 this year, my younger friends call me an old hippie :-p

I'm also married, have been for 7 years or so & have a ten month old son.

It does seem a nice place here at e-photo, very pleased to make youre acquaintance.

I'lll check your photos out now.

Again to yourself & all that read this, messages & criticisms etc etc welcome Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.