Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

how to get adobe raw 6.7 to work

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    frenchie44
    24 Dec 2013 - 6:44 PM

Hi
    Today I downloaded raw 6.7 to work with CS5.5, as I purchased a canon M today and the adobe raw would not recognise the raw files from the M, the download is in my "documents" but how do I get it it into photoshop.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Dec 2013 - 6:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

frenchie44
    24 Dec 2013 - 6:56 PM

I have just been back on the adobe website, the canon M is only on the raw converter for cs6, I thought that all canon camera raw files were the same?
    thankyou anyone that may have been searching for an answer.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73848 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Dec 2013 - 6:58 PM

I would guess the Canon M was launched after CR 6.7 (6.7 is from about 2011)- The current version is Camera Raw 8.3. You need to update to the latest version (or convert to DNG with Camera Raw DNG).

EDIT: To be fair to Canon & Adobe, Adobe cant make a version for a camera that hasn't been made. Thats why its constantly updated, they may use the same format, generally but there are camera specifics for every model that the converter needs to access.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 24 Dec 2013 - 7:01 PM
    frenchie44
    25 Dec 2013 - 7:51 AM

I had already downloaded the latest adobe raw, but it did say that it is not for anything before CS6, I tried, but it does not work. any other ideas would be appreciated

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3786 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Dec 2013 - 7:56 AM

You'll have to download the latest DNG converter from Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5694

Use this to convert your raw files to DNG and open the DNG files in Photoshop.

Hope this helps.

kaybee
    kaybee  103801 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Dec 2013 - 8:02 AM

You will need to download the DNG Converter.
    This will allow you to change your RAW files into DNG files which CS5 will then be able to open.
    It is a bit of a pain to add this extra step into your workflow but other than forking out for a PS Cloud it is the way you need to go.

Bear in mind that the DNG converter converts folders rather than individual files.
    What I do is download each days pictures into a new file, then convert into a separate file which I can work from. These then get backed up onto separate hard drives.

I hope this helps you ....... and allows you to have a Happier Christmas.

frenchie44
    25 Dec 2013 - 8:46 AM

HI
    thankyou, I had just downloaded the DNG converter, it works. and was going to comment that I had solved the problem, thankyou all for your help.
    have a nice christmas

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73848 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Dec 2013 - 10:12 AM

You could also use Captureone to do RAW conversions. If it's last year you may be lucky EPZ Santa May be generous Wink

frenchie44
    25 Dec 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hi
    Quote:

Hi.
    i nearly bought lightroom, but did not know if it would be same problem. And i don't want the CC version.
    i am amazed at how good the canon M is, i tested a demo model on the shop, using my own card, the shots are very nice, sharp and clean. So i bought one for £280 inc flash. A real bargain. I had to update firmware which has improved the auto focus very much. I took my 7D and the M out and printed ashot from each, same scene from tripod, onA4 i could not see any difference in quality. Amazing for that money

samueldilworth
    25 Dec 2013 - 1:40 PM

You seem to have figured this out now, but below are the details from the horseís mouth.

First, a list of cameras and the minimum version of Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom required to process each cameraís raw files (for some reason the EOS M is listed after the PowerShots rather than with the other EOS cameras):
    http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

And then a list of Adobe applications and their latest supported Adobe Camera Raw versions:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/camera-raw-compatible-applications.htm...

From these lists you can see the Canon EOS M requires at least Adobe Camera Raw 7.2 or Lightroom 4.2, and that to run ACR 7.2 youíll need at least Photoshop CC or Photoshop Elements 11.

Which is, er, completely wrong. Iím running ACR 8.3 on Photoshop CS6. So I see why youíre asking here instead! Maybe those lists are more accurate for older products that are no longer updated (Photoshop CS6 is still being updated, albeit reluctantly, by Adobe).

frenchie44
    25 Dec 2013 - 2:10 PM

Thanks for that.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.