Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

How to Canon EOS 650D MOV files to DVD ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Virginia16
    14 Aug 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi guys,
    I recorded some family videos in my new Canon EOS 650D. Now, I want to burn my homemade video onto a DVD so I can play it on a DVD player at a reception. I canít figure out how to do this, but I assume it is possible. I have read plenty articles which tell me to convert Canon footages first and then burn them into DVD. This is too complicated for me. I want to get an easy solution. Can you help?
    Thanks, Melanie

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Aug 2012 - 12:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8501 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    14 Aug 2012 - 1:22 PM

Probably the easiest way to show it at the reception would be to connect your camera to the AV input of the television being used with the DVD player. Otherwise you will have to convert the footage before you can load it to a DVD.

Jat_Riski
    Jat_Riski e2 Member 664 forum postsJat_Riski vcard United Kingdom
    14 Aug 2012 - 5:06 PM

Google for free download 'handbrake video converter' available for mac or pc. Then use iMovie or movie maker to burn to dvd. Hope this helps. Regards.

Last Modified By Jat_Riski at 14 Aug 2012 - 5:06 PM
    roxanne17
    roxanne17  1
    20 Aug 2012 - 3:28 AM

Well, in the word of video converting there are so many ways to go about this because so many video converting tool can help you encode recorded MOV videos. After conversion, a DVD burning tool is needed for DVD burning. BUT I think you will get lost in this way.
    An easy solution is to get a DVD authoring software which supports Canon Long-GOP MOV videos loading. I have ever purchased program from Pavtube which supports my canon 5D ii MOV videos perfectly. Yesterday, I received a newsletter from Pavtube to tell me that its newly released DVD Creator is able to burn Canon MOV videos to DVD directly without any conversion. I havenít tested it. Go ahead to download and test if it is helpful.

User_Removed
    20 Aug 2012 - 8:14 AM

Quote: its newly released DVD Creator is able to burn Canon MOV videos to DVD directly without any conversion

Pavtube is obviously rubbish then. If it doesn't convert the 5D II High Def files to Standard Definition they won't play on a standard DVD player. There are plenty of programs that will burn the files, unconverted, to a DVD data disc, great for storage but not much else.

Quote: I want to burn my homemade video onto a DVD so I can play it on a DVD player at a reception

Play your videos from a laptop (or PC) then you won't have to convert them first, you'll also retain the full definition and quality of the files when connecting your laptop to a modern TV, monitor or projector.

capto
    capto e2 Member 2989 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Aug 2012 - 11:08 AM

I also use the 650D for video. I use the free Windows Live Movie Maker programme to compile and add effects and the free Windows DVD Maker prog to burn a disc which will play on any DVD player.

User_Removed
    22 Aug 2012 - 2:48 PM

It's like an advert. 2 brand new members with similar names and one asks how to solve a problem the other suggests a product. They both joined ephotozine just to do that...

darthjack
    darthjack  1
    28 Dec 2012 - 3:45 AM

Quote: Hi guys,
    I recorded some family videos in my new Canon EOS 650D. Now, I want to burn my homemade video onto a DVD so I can play it on a DVD player at a reception. I canít figure out how to do this, but I assume it is possible. I have read plenty articles which tell me to convert Canon footages first and then burn them into DVD. This is too complicated for me. I want to get an easy solution. Can you help?
    Thanks, Melanie

Just google and found ilikemall DVD Creator, Just tested on a 2:30 min movie trailer (.mov) and seemed to work just fine.
    It can take multiple titles with option of having subtitles and with/without menu.

Cheers

capto
    capto e2 Member 2989 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Dec 2012 - 1:04 PM

If you have windows live on your PC it includes movie maker and a DVD maker which are free and will do a good job without being too complicated.

ivor

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.