Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

How to get an RC - No problem

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Run its course

16 Jul 2008 4:15PM

Quote:And as an RC is a direct result of this voting Conrad, it means it is indeed totally dishonest

Quote:What a laugh! If we're not careful these people will be out stealing cars soon

I'm sorry. I meant criminal of course. Dishonest was too harshly put

Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

graceland 10 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2008 4:25PM
I believe (i hope) that i have received RC for having a good photo --,

I have not got great numbers of clicks like some on site but hope to improve as people tell me problems etc. with my pictures

I do click and run on others pictures - as i am pushed for time ,but again i click cos i like the pic

Thanks
cambirder 10 7.2k England
16 Jul 2008 4:33PM

Quote:No, you can't. You must be assuming that everyone has the same taste, the same trained eye and the same experience with photography.

Sorry Conrad, are you seriously telling me that 44 people can't tell if something is seriously out of focus or not? (we are talking way out here not just a bit soft) Funny thing is nearly all those making these comments get an RC award for every shot uploaded, so they must all be "good experienced" photographers Smile
16 Jul 2008 4:43PM

Quote:I believe (i hope) that i have received RC for having a good photo --,

I have not got great numbers of clicks like some on site but hope to improve as people tell me problems etc. with my pictures

I do click and run on others pictures - as i am pushed for time ,but again i click cos i like the pic

That is absolutely fine, the only problem with getting the comments you want is the vast majority of people are reluctant to give them, either because most don't like being "unkind" and some ( I actually think just a small minority) are hunting clicks.
redjoker 6 981 4 England
16 Jul 2008 4:44PM
perhaps i should use bad lighting and not focus my shots, might get a decent amount of votes that way

it drives me insane when a picture is so bad but given votes because that person has lots of so called friends, if you want to do something nice write them a letter, send them an email, dont lie and tell them their pictures are good when they arnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what must guests think when they look at the RC gallery and see these photos? i dread to think
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
16 Jul 2008 4:46PM

Quote:Not 2 Purdeys!!....... that's going to far.

Col

There's a lot of them to get through Col, now keep quiet and get reloading!
Krakman 8 3.6k Scotland
16 Jul 2008 5:03PM
Can I suggest one approach. I don't think that there's necessarily anything wrong with clicking on someone's picture who's commented on your own. I have done it sometimes (maybe for one in 4 comments I received). It's human nature to look at the portfolio of the person who commented on your own work. And if I see something I like there, I click - and usually comment too. Very often on several images.

One thing is that I rarely comment on the last picture a person uploaded. I usually go through their portfolio and pick out the pictures I like. If I comment on the last image, it's coincidental and because I particularly liked that image. Or because I've been through their portfolio before and already picked out old ones I liked. I have never, ever clicked on something that I don't particularly like.

Anyway, just a suggestion as to one approach that can be taken.

People who click madly on random images just to get clicks in return are laughable, a bit sad, and not worth worrying about.

Incidentally, I stopped uploading pictures to the site because I neither like the way that the whole awards and voting system works - I think it encourages bad photography. That's just my point of view. But I think that it's a fundamental problem of the site (and for that matter similar sites in general).
16 Jul 2008 5:21PM
Simon, could you please please please start uploading again. your photography is really beautiful. Can't you just upload in the critique gallery instead. Allthough you probably wouldn't be asking for critique, at least you would not be involved with the clickfest anymore. Please ?
16 Jul 2008 5:27PM

Quote:Simon, could you please please please start uploading again.

I'll second that, not seen any of those before and I would certainly like to see move of those candids.
Krakman 8 3.6k Scotland
16 Jul 2008 5:37PM
Thanks very much indeed, I really wasn't looking for compliments on my pics (though always nice to hear! Smile) They have on the whole a reasonable number of clicks, some better than others, I'm not complaining. I was just trying to say that 'the system' really does affect the culture of the site, what people upload - if at all - and whether people participate in the site at all.
16 Jul 2008 5:42PM

Quote:One thing is that I rarely comment on the last picture a person uploaded. I usually go through their portfolio and pick out the pictures I like.

Thats a good point, vary rarely do any ticks get added to a picture after its been up for a couple of days, so I guess most of us just flip though the latest uploads and miss a lot of good stuff, and its unlikely that anyones latest upload happens to be their best work.
16 Jul 2008 5:43PM

Quote:I really wasn't looking for compliments on my pics

I know... but please ? Smile

I guess you not uploading anymore shows how it can affect things. Thing is, we need that kind of photography on the site. Makes it worthwile for a lot of others to come and visit the site.
graceland 10 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2008 5:46PM
I have Just Uploaded Some Bager Pictures i took on Hols

At night This sort of photos are new to me i think they turned out not to bad !

But would like to know how i cold have got them better so more comments the better
Thanks All
strawman 10 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2008 5:55PM
OK you have my suggestions in your photo.

Perhaps the biggest improvement is to not add the cartoon figures.

And you need to do some serious thinking about lighting, composition and viewing angle.

Now for the honesty question. How many of the votes and comments received are from people that visit all of your images.
16 Jul 2008 5:56PM

Quote:But would like to know how i cold have got them better so more comments the better

It would probably be better to upload them to the critique gallery rather than the main gallery if you want this sort of criticism .